• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb/litter tray?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Im just about to order some hay from the hay experts and I was thinking of ordering some megazorb from there too... do you just put it in the litter tray with hay ontop? I have wood shavings in there at the moment but i know thats not ideal and it was a last minute thing really...

Yep just use it as you would the wood shavings, except it is more absorbant and less stinky!

Great stuff. I've only found one thing I prefer to megazorb, and that is the Smartbedz litter from The Hay Experts which is better at controlling the smell, but its more expensive and made of straw so my buns eat it, so I cant use it.

would you recomend this for indoor buns too?

and what if the bun eats it???? :O

Last edited:
would you recomend this for indoor buns too?

and what if the bun eats it???? :O

Yes, my buns are indoors and I use it.

As long as the litter is rabbit safe (like megazorb, wood pellet litter, carefresh and the smartbedz I mentioned earlier in the thread) a small amount of litter eaten accidently wont do any harm, but if they eat a lot there is a chance they could end up with a blockage in their gut if they are unable to pass it properly. It is unlikely with rabbit-safe non clumping litters, but I believe that is the reason people stay away from any their rabbit has a taste for. Basically exactly the same dangers as from cardboard.

From what I've read on here, very few rabbits start eating megazorb.

this thread reminded me I had a sample bag ............ will give it a try :)

maybe my little amd was eating poop not litter :oops:

this thread reminded me I had a sample bag ............ will give it a try :)

maybe my little amd was eating poop not litter :oops:

Buckley sifts through his litter tray to find the most golden poops to chew up, carry over to my shoes, and spit out again :mrgreen: bunnies are so lush sometimes aren't they haha.

Back