• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there ay decent coop type hutches around?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
I know that chicken coops generally arnt recomended for rabbits but i love the set up of being able to go into the run bit and it being higher than a regular 'run' so is there anything ready made that I can buy that IS appropriate for 2 rabbits? I need to buy something ready made really as my husbands new job means that he is working 6 days per week and he just wont have time to modify a shed for them as I had hoped? :(

I have been looking at the 9ft coops on ebay but im guessing that the living area still isnt big enough?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIANT-9FT...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item27bf209b80

I have the 6 ft version of this for my quail, they are far too small for rabbits and also horribly awkward to clean out. In fact I wouldn't put chickens in them either. They would probably be ok for a single guinea pig.

I once saw a massiver chicken coop thing that was beautiful, but I never managed to track one down. Have you considered an aviary?

Please think about this before you do it, I got something simular for my bunnies and regreted it every day. If you can, get a playhouse for them (attach a run via a hole in the wall etc). You can get hold of them for the same amount of money and these are so much better for your furry friends and also for you in the winter months too, they also will take up roughly the same space as the coop, well maybe a bit more but it's so worth it. They can easily be insulated etc too. I have managed to get a playhouse for my bunnies and I really wouldn't put in them in anything else now, it's really so very cosy out there at this time of the year and I can clean them out without getting wet too!!

I have wonderful roofed avairy walk ins with inbuilt wonderful 'hutch' for my buns - made by Forsham arks - who are now up and running again.

They dont have them on the website but they are modelled on the dog/cat ones called the Orpingtons - they call these the Bunningtons.

I have this run:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-6-x-2...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item35b5baef30

My pics:

Run2.jpg

Run1.jpg

It's good as the roof lifts up, so you can still climb in and easily clean the buns out. Delivery was really quick and it was easy to assemble. Also, I think it's a bargain as I paid £350 for mine back in May 2011 :D

I have the chicken coop house for my bunny lightning.
Totally agree that it's not suitable for a rabbit or for me. Its so hard for me to clean out. The inside space is too small. First I tried putting a cat litter tray in, but lightning likes to wee right in the corner so his wee goes down the back of the tray. Then I brought a corner litter tray but its too big to fit in the corner right, so bunny keeps moving it so he can wee in the corner!
Im going to get one of the hutches on the prev post as soon as I have saved up.
In an ideal world I would love a playhouse with an avairy attached

I personally recommend a normal 6ft x 2ft hutch and 6ft x 4ft run +. Ive got a large coop like that for my hens, the run is smaller than it looks on the pics! the hens are never shut in there. They have a 14ft x 9ft (i think) aviary.

Actully this doesnt look to bad, its alot bigger than my chickens one. the run is 9ft x 3ft. so 27sq ft. the hutch looks to be 3ft sq so that is 9sq ft. so that is 36sq feet of space, same as my hutch and run setup) Not bad and the run as a roof on it so they can use it in all weathers. I would say its ok actully.

Last edited:
dont get this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COCOON-CH...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item3caf22e05c

i have it luckly i didint pay for it
its a good in summer mind u but in winter

its awful aqord to clean out
bunny has small space upstairs
also some bunnys not all like to move the litter tray u put up top just to be aquord :evil:

i moved mind into our summerhouse so luckly he does get all the space 24/7 but i so wouldnt recommend it :(

but it has a nice run underneath which is nice in summer

I have one [because I was given it free!! :D ] and did this with it...W/H and extra run ..... or rather OH did :oops:

2011-10-09130440.jpg

Back