• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

warm enough?

lucy24

Mama Doe
this is my hutch at the moment. it has lino on the floor then a bit of carpet as well as a towl on the floor. ive added a bit of straw(will add more when it gets colder) and a card board box is going in one corner. I cover it with tarp. is there anything else i can do? i dont want my babies getting too cold!:oops::lol: im also odering a snugglesafe.:)

SAM_4163.jpg

SAM_4164.jpg

Looks lovely and toasty!
If they're anything like my bunnies though, they'll clear a space on the floor and completely ignore the straw!!
I'm sure they'll be fine, especially as they have each other to cuddle up to.

that should be fine as long as they do have a place to be warm and away from the weather that will be great but bunnys prefer cold weather to warm as if you think about it hundreds of rabbits live out side in the wild and benji has a snuggle safe but when i check on him if i have been out at the weekends at about 12 he is just sitting out side in his cardboard bed box thing eating his hay which is typical

You could stuff the cardboard box with hay to make a nice toasty bed for them. They can burrow in and make a space within the hay and the hay will help keep the heat in. :) They might pee in it though so you might want a litter tray underneath.

Back