• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun after loss

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Hiya folks

we sadly lost one of our dwarf lops in the night suddenly died was fine at 9pm when i closed bunny window in their shed and topped up their hay had strokes before i say goodnight and then this morning flopsy was dead no signs of illness, he has been eating etc i just dont get it, well they were both brother came home with us at 8 weeks in May 2010 and they have been so lovely together ever since they were neutered soon as they were old enough to stop the humping and hormones and have never had any problems with them Toto (who is left behind) is the soft one he lets you pick him up bath him etc i am so sad he is left alone i want another bun before winter as i cant bear him being out there alone in the winter, anyway have a few questions are there any rescues near me in Stoke on Trent, Staffs, do i get a girl who is spayed of similar age or a boy who is perhaps litle younger like a baby one or will i need to bond with whoever he picks at a rescue i have no idea on all this i just want to get things sorted asap it breaks my heart knowing he will be out there missing his brother tonight please help and advise thanks so much xx

Awww thats so sad, I'm sorry for your loss and hope Toto is ok xxx

A rescue will help Toto chose his partner, whether it be a boy or girl.......I hope someone can help you and Toto out soon xxx

I'm sorry you lost your bunny :cry:

I believe the best way to find the right bunny for Toto is to take him to meet some other bunnies at a rescue and let him choose one he likes. Once back home you will need somewhere neutral to bond them properly.

Good luck in finding the right bunfriend for him xx

thanks, i will be contacting the two rescue centres closest to me today to get things in motion i feel he needs the company especially before winter sets in which will be here before we know it i still cant stop crying and seeing Flopsy in my head so so sad indeed x

I'm sorry for your loss.

I agree about letting him choose his new friend.

However, after a sudden and unexpected loss it wouldn't be appropriate to bring another rabbit onto you property straight away, or take Toto somewhere else, in case whatever Flopsy died from, was contagious. Toto may have to effectively be put into quarantine before being allowed to date to protect any bunnies who may come into contact with him.

Back