• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concern about Facebook

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

I'm worried because a group that seems quite popular for selling items in my local area seems to have a lot of pets on it, including some lovely looking bunnies. They're going for cheap enough for people to get them and think later and not with any real care advice/checks etc etc.

I'm pretty sure it's not against Fb rules to post pets up for sale like this, but I'm sure some of these people are just passing pets around like parcels, because the reasons they're giving for rehoming are rubbish!

I can't do anything to take them in myself, I don't have enough money for another bunny, especially as Harry has medical needs now. Does anyone know what can be done? I'm reluctant to get involved with my real name on there as I'm a privacy freak- but it's so wrong to see these lovely bunnies just waiting to be rehomed. I also worry about guinea pigs etc going for so little they'll end up as snake food :(

Suzie

Hi Hesperus,

I know exactly what you mean! Personally I would try and find a local animal rescue on facebook and bring it to their attention - a whole group of concerned animal lovers can make more of a point than one, and if it is against any rules I bet they'll know about it. Good luck!

Thanks, will have a look for a rescue. Just found 9 other bunnies on another group, feeling so sad. :(

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back