• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

found big lump..shes having surgery tomorrow

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor bluebell:( was told by nikki she had a lump on her back..but i couldnt find it. we combed her as shes moulting..and lo and behold i found it. I am horrified i couldnt find it before:(

its about the size of walnut in its shell all the way round...but it moves under the skin....

saw vet this afternoon expecting it to be an abscess free floating one like bertie had some years back on his underneath skin on his chin.

vet said it could be an abscess or even cyst..said its werid it feels fluid like...BUT then she found something..she said shes found its tethered after all..and feels a little sinister..

shes booked her in for surgery tomorrow morning. she was going to keep her overnite and take her up to the hospital for her op in the morning.

i said no..ill bring her up..bertie wont be able to cope otherwise..and cant leave him there...not with the stress and his pasturella....it wouldnt be fair on him...or bluebell:(

the vet said she didnt want to cut her tissue sample and try metacam and batril to shrink it..as it may not shrink especially if it isnt an abscess or cyst. How refreshing..a vet who doesnt give the usual..baytril she ll be fine:roll:

she said to take a sample and realise it has to be removed anyway will be too much..so take her right into hospital and take it away no matter what it is as its causing her pain and if its an abscess or cyst...shell recover much better and faster with it being debrided and sewn up.

she thought as bluebell had her vhd boster in june if it may have been there as a result of that...and then just grew bigger....but she says its not typical..but there are so many reactions to the vhd jab that you see soe odd things on the bunnies.:shock:

I asked if maybe this is the hidden cause of bluebells unexplained bouts of severe high fever with no apparent cause and loss of appetite...

maybe a slow growing infection..possible she said.

so please vibes a plenty for my big girlie xx

Sending all our vibes for you both, I hope everything goes okay with the surgery!

Please keep us updated :)

Thinking of you xx

thank you xx

will update....poor big blue:(

heres her n bertie at christmas/new year

samsungmobile231.jpg

samsungmobile235.jpg

when we first got her and her sister:love: sadly dazy-mae had to be pts after 2 weeks...unexplained illness..:(
samsungmobile144.jpg

one of my faves of bluebell poses
samsungmobile180.jpg

They are beautiful bunnies :love::love:

Me and ben are still sending vibes for you both for tomorrow, ben has got a vets appointment too because his snuffles is getting worse :(

But I have a good feeling we will both get on just fine

*Sends big bunny hugs*

:D

xx

thank you all so much...shes going to need them:(

ooh i hope something positive can be done for ben too:wave: I know the stress of bluebell going away again will bring berties pasturella back on again..im nearly out of bisolvin too.....:shock:

im worried sick..i gave or tried to give her metacam this evening.....shes in a lot of pain....hardly eating or drinking...but decided shed follow the cats and bite the..they were terrified....she nearly had sleepy dylan on nikkis settee...and freya she got her tail to bite and freya got away in time.

poor big girlie...shes a bit hot too...:(

i cant think of anything apart from if she dies how will bertie cope..how will we cope!

Thinking of you and Bluebell today, Debbie.

I'm working all day so won't have internet access so if you can, can you text me please to let me know how she is doing?

Give Bertie a nose rub from his Auntie Karen too - I :love: Bertie.

:wave: thank you hun...i was hoovering..yes i have a hoover!! the lounge rady for her return...but the delay shocked me a bit...i couldnt find my phone and as soon as i did..i txt you.

Bertie says thanking yous very much..its odd tis what everyone says about me..dat dey loves me. Its ok i loves back..mwah:love:

Back