• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant savvy people!

Matty I think the last one was on the Foraging 2011 thread recently, just in the last page or two or three, and I think Thumps_ said it is a bad weed and you need to wear gloves and be very careful with it as it can cause blistering on your skin. :shock:

Don't know about the first two but the last too pictures are poisonous, they are type of spurge I believe :)

Yes - euphorbia (spurge) are poisonous.
Think the second is rosebay willow herb - not sure whether poisonous.
Can't think what top one is.

You know the spurge stuff that is poisonous - I have some that is growing quite near to my peas - will they be ok to eat? (Not touching or anything, just very near).

Sorry to divert from the topic of the main thread.

You know the spurge stuff that is poisonous - I have some that is growing quite near to my peas - will they be ok to eat? (Not touching or anything, just very near).

Sorry to divert from the topic of the main thread.

Should think would be ok - but are you able to clear it away from near your peas, on the basis of better to be safe than sorry. I really like euphorbia but have cleared it from my garden, although I still find bits of it.

Should think would be ok - but are you able to clear it away from near your peas, on the basis of better to be safe than sorry. I really like euphorbia but have cleared it from my garden, although I still find bits of it.

Yeah I will be weeding and digging it up very soon. Thank you. :)

Back