• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use to protect your wires?

demikaijuu

Warren Scout
Hello all

Well I thought my room (and georges free roaming room) was bunny proof

I was wrong, somehow he's managed to dig out some of the cables and chewed through some of them (thankfully everything was turned off at the time or this would be a different story) but now I'm looking at a better way to protect them. They're currently all set up behind a strip of wood (that I didn't think George could move - I was wrong) so I was wonderig what other people do?

I've seen some pictures of other people's rabbit proofing for wires - and they have out them all behind mesh panels (I think) and someone else has used the same panels to block of the bookcase -but I can't find the thread they were in so was wondering if anyone knows what they are, or any other way to protect the cables?

Thank you :)

Plastic tubing and also those things that encase them against the wall :)
If you have a look on the homebase website and b&q site you'll see things that you can put the wires in that run along skirting boards :)

I think your thinking of my thread. Sorry I can't find it right now. It's in the sticky in housing if that helps, under bunny proofing.

I think your thinking of my thread. Sorry I can't find it right now. It's in the sticky in housing if that helps, under bunny proofing.

It was your thread -managed to find it :)

What are those mesh panel thins you've got up that cover the bottom of the bookcase - that's exactly what I'm looking for :)

It was your thread -managed to find it :)

What are those mesh panel thins you've got up that cover the bottom of the bookcase - that's exactly what I'm looking for :)

They are mesh storage cubes (sometimes referred to as NIC cubes), I got them off eBay but they are starting to get hard to get hold of. Amazon, B&Q, Wickes are all places you could try.

I know ive seen them as part of a 'rabbit cage kit' so you could try searching ebay for that too.

Back