• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new set up!

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
The first two photos are of the old setup....the rest are of the newly built (building) setup which isn't finished yet but you get a jist for what it'll be like :)

Daddy being a show off:
1.jpg

Just put in:
2.jpg

Extended:
3.jpg

4.jpg

5-2.jpg

6.jpg

Dads mess:
7.jpg

Their temporary living quarters until it's finished:
8.jpg

UPDATE:

Photo0680.jpg

Daddy:
Photo0682.jpg

Photo0684.jpg

Photo0683.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Dad!

Can I just ask, do you leave them with access to the run at night or shut them in the hutch?

Well done Dad!

Can I just ask, do you leave them with access to the run at night or shut them in the hutch?

Full access day and night :) All walls are more then strong enough and the mesh on the run lids are much thicker then they look, not your average chicken wire. So they have full run of the place :)

I see. I don't want to worry you or dampen your fire on your new run which you and your Dad have worked hard on but I have an aviary style enclosure which has 1" x 1" wire and while enjoying access to the enclosure one night one of my rabbits was unfortunate enough to have his ear grabbed by a fox. Luckily it didn't get too good a hold and I woke to chase him off when I heard the crashing about but his ear was torn and it bled a lot, he bears a small nick but we concider him to have had a lucky escape.

Now I shut them in at night and use extra wire panels (puppy pen type) around the aviary.

Perhaps you could cover the sides of the run that have the larger openings especially at night?

I'm aware of the situation with foxes but I'm not too concerned about it. We've had the same style of run for almost a year now. I may end up learning the hard way but it's not practical to be draping things over it, there just comes a point with a set up like this where it is just too much to be covering it. Thanks for your concerns though guys :)

I hope they will be fine.

To be honest I think Fizz was a bit too young to know any better and came up to see what it was, ears forward, i can picture it in my head!

I am a worrier and add much extra fortifications if I am not going to be home during the day and always at night, I cover them too as they easily go in to Stasis if they see "something scary"! I've got a couple of wooses!

Back