• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abi2047

Mama Doe
Hiya guys. I've got a plan for the rabbits housing when they've bonded? If I get an ordinary playhouse and instead of having a run, have on of these attached if I mesh the windows and door on it? Or would it be ok for guinea pig housing if I put a smaller hutch inside for a 'base' and then mesh the windows and door? It probably doesn't make sense to you guys but it would be like a wooden playhouse, only cheaper, more waterproof and easier to clean. Also, if needed I could put it on patio slabs instead. :wave:

251537_10150216786019857_518409856_6791428_7340259_n.jpg

I had one of those when I was younger and it got SO hot when it was sunny, even though it was in the shade!
What size is the normal playhouse and what size is the plastic playhouse?xxx

Last edited:
Too warm in the summer and very cold in the winter. I also think meshing it would be a near impossible task as its a plastic frame and I think it would be able to be lifted by a cunning fox.

Might be nice inside a bigger aviary as a toy but doesn't look big enough or secure enough to me.

glad it's not just me confused! I haven't been on much in the last few days, thought I had missed something as usual!

Abi's bonding them inside and it's going well by the look of it. :) Riley seems happy with the girls and Abi said they are being spayed when they are old enough. Riley is neutered. :wave:

eta: abi's video :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wCUm8cCZA

It looks like it is going well at the moment, but as Chloe said in the comments, the pen is way to big to start a bond, ours was a quarter that size to begin with! They don't have to interact, so there is no fighting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back