• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vet recommendation in Droitwich

SiDHEaD

Warren Scout
Hello,

We have recently moved to Droitwich and I think its too far to go to our previous/current vets with our two rabbits (Hagley).

Does anyone have any recommendation for a good rabbit orientated vet in Droitwich ?

Thanks

Hello,

We have recently moved to Droitwich and I think its too far to go to our previous/current vets with our two rabbits (Hagley).

Does anyone have any recommendation for a good rabbit orientated vet in Droitwich ?

Thanks

HELLO :wave:! I'm in Droitwich too! I have been looking for a good one too. I went to Lowesmoor House in Worcs on Rainbow Hill today, the vet was not too bad but I wouldn't say I recommend him. He was recommended by someone on here as being good and I'd say he's a good option over someone who's totally clueless.

Wilson Walker and Barnby is where I used to take my hammy and cat, they were always good but I am not sure how good they are with buns.

Townsend I wouldn't recommend - the receptionist was very rude when I asked about using other injections other than cylap, and was very dismissive. The fact that they claim to be knowledgeable about buns but continue to use cylap despite my explanation of why seems to indicate they aren't that knowledgeable...

MacArthur Barstow and Gibbs - my dad uses them and I just rang regarding which VHD injection they use and there is a 'small animal team', which seems promising, and the receptionist was lovely and helpful.

Finallyyyy! I had a thread about this a few weeks ago and some members recommended certain vets in Pershore and Evesham, here's the link http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289234. I wanted to check out the Worcester one before I went to Pershore or Evesham, so I did but like I said I wouldn't necessarily recommend him :)

Hope this helps :shock:

Hii, thanks for the replies. Our Bunny man is not the youngest and we don't want to stress him out with too long a car journey.

We will try MacArthur Barstow and Gibbs as I had been looking at them online :D

Bit of an update:

Wilson Walker and Barnby don't exist anymore, they're part of Townsend now. I spoke to the head vet today about the VHD injection and he said they're going to use anivac from now on but they still have 5 cylaps to use. He seemed knowledgeable about buns from the brief convo I had with him, but I won't use him until he doesn't use cylap. I did mention I knew a few others in the surrounding area with rabbits that were also finding it hard to find somewhere who doesn't use cylap, he said he'd be happy to order some in if I knew another couple of buns who needed vaccinating and wanted anivac, not sure when your buns are due their boosters for VHD?

MacArthur Barstow and Gibbs got back to me and they've ordered in 10 anivacs, so I'll be making my appointment for a week and a half with them, and I'll let you know how they are :D

Btw, forgot to mention - if you need any other advice/help, bunny or otherwise, gimme a shout! Lived in Droitwich my entire life (except 2 years, just moved back :roll:), so I can help with most things :D

Welcome to Detroitwich...:shock:

Back