• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bath - full of plantian :O...

beccimarie

Mama Doe
WARNING may cause rabbits to drool :lol:

So iv been out foraging today with the O/H.. and i needed to rinse them all out.. the sinks too small :lol: that is two black bin bag full! im going to rinse them 3 times then set them out to dry in the conservatory.. this may take some time :lol:

plantain11-1.jpg

plantain1-1.jpg

Last edited:
:oops: .. :lol: we will need atleast ten bathfuls to get us through the winter :lol: think ill have to stick to showers for a while :lol:

omg :shock: where did you find all of that?!

a lovely big field near me, its quite a walk but lovely plantain in there, and its not owned by anyone so no chemicals on them either :) just have to walk a far way out where the dogs dont go, but a rinse them 3 times anyway .. in the bath :lol:

Lucky bunnies!! :D

Any plantain i find isnt worth picking, lots of bramble leaves though! Im getting addicted to foraging, i find it quite theraputic. Was it heavy carrying all that back with you? :lol:

Lucky bunnies!! :D

Any plantain i find isnt worth picking, lots of bramble leaves though! Im getting addicted to foraging, i find it quite theraputic. Was it heavy carrying all that back with you? :lol:

id love to find some bramble bushes! no luck yet though :(

Its lovely to have a nice walk in the fields :) But yes extremely heavy! you wouldnt think a bunch of leaves would be so heavy! we took it in turns to carry the bags back :lol: and stopped at the local shop for a well derserved ice cream :lol:

id love to find some bramble bushes! no luck yet though :(

Its lovely to have a nice walk in the fields :) But yes extremely heavy! you wouldnt think a bunch of leaves would be so heavy! we took it in turns to carry the bags back :lol: and stopped at the local shop for a well derserved ice cream :lol:

Dont blame you, although im not sure id have an ice cream in this weather, im freezing!! :shock:

Wow that is a lot of plantain :shock:. For some reason my bunnies only like it dried, and not fresh, so I might follow your lead and stock up!

Wow I'm very impressed beccimarie.

Yes my bun only eats them dried too, I'd always thought it was his dental problems & he found it heavy going chewing them but perhaps not!

I've had a good day out foraging too -nice & warm but cloudy & cows lying down (ominous for rain). I didn't get wet for once!

Oooo remember you've got another load of goosegrass hay on its way. I've just started another washing line full like this.
DSCF5082.jpg

remembered to wash my undies beforehand this time!

:shock:

I remember when I was dead proud when I "foraged" and dried no more than 15 dandelions from my garden ... You, lady, put me too shame :lol:

jut managed to sort them all out in the conservatory drying now.. took an hour to line them all down :lol:

Thank you judy :) without you and thumpers help we would have never have known about doing this, so all the credit is to you! thank you so much! we are nearly at the end of the goosegrass :oops: poppy loves it and i dont give her as much pellets as i give casper as she puts n wieght quickly so she eats her goosegrass like hay now :) wow! thats alot of goosegrass :shock: i dont think im as good as you at foraging yet judy :lol:

AnnieElms its a great way of stocking up for the winter :) mine can only eat it dry as they both have root tooth abcsess so it relieves the pressure off them. Its a great source of fibre :D

youthnovels i was exactly the same my last attempt :lol: i picked half a carrier bag full and was so proud when it dried except when it did dry it hardly covered the bottom of the shoe box :oops: hoping to have a better result this time :lol:

Wow that is a lot, me and my grandma go dandelion picking :lol: We just fill a load of carrier bags though and stick them under the tap, I think my mum would have a fit if she found a load in the bath :shock:

Omg thumps! All those eatables on the washing line :lol::shock:

Goodness, I was quite proud of myself for going round the garden each morning picking a few brambles and mint and rosemary :lol:. You are truly the foraging queens :lol:

Back