• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rumbly Tummy :(

Laura-Ash

New Kit
Got Harry a week ago today, and i thought i heard his tummy rumble a little every now and then over the week, and then ive got up this morning and his little tummy was rumbling louder than mine! I could hear it from the other side of the room.

Hes 10 weeks and a few days, and i got him from a breeder in my local area. He's never really seemed to settle in though if i'm honest, i'm starting to wonder if that was because he was in pain? He's still really scared of everything and i cant get him to calm down.

This could be something normal? I mean i've only ever had outdoor bunnys and so havent really been able to listen to their tummys, he seems to be eating and drinking okay, but his stools are a little soft sometimes.

I hope hes okay :(

Hope Harry is OK, but I would get him checked over by the vet, or at least call them and described Harry's symptoms. I don't have any experience of baby bunnies as mine was fully grown when I got him, but I don't think his poo should be soft. Hope he settles soon. What sort of set up do you have for him?

My mum took the cat up this morn and was going to describe his symptoms so ill see what she has to say later. He's indoor in a large cage, and comes out little and often as he's so scared.

My mum took the cat up this morn and was going to describe his symptoms so ill see what she has to say later. He's indoor in a large cage, and comes out little and often as he's so scared.

Maybe put a cardboard box in the cage. Some bunnies like somewhere to retreat when they want to sleep or hide. He's maybe still adjusting to new sights, sounds and smells. That wouldn't explain his rumbly tummy though - hopefully the vet will have some advice. :)

Back