• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

Loppy2

Warren Scout

Helloo

I have two dwarf lop rabbits who have both mean neauterd male and female. They have a double tier hutch and we are trying them together. Shall we?
They bond very well. They were in the same huttch all day and loved it! Cuddled, flopped together. So what do you think shall we let them sleep together?

Have you researched into bonding? Where are they now? Is today the first time they have been together?

hi

Yes they have been together in the hutch before but not for a night. And we have looked at things for bonding. but everything says differnt?

Last edited:
They need to be supervised for the first 72 hours ideally. So a small pen inside would be preferable.

The reason for this is that when they get comfortable with each other there is often a further tussle for heirarchy which can be nasty and you need to be around to sort out. This normally happens 24-48 hours after they are first put together with no breaks.

I would say no, not in the hutch, to be honest.

we have had the bunnies for 8 months, one in the top tier, one in the bottom. when in the garden they spend 75% of the time following each other around and lieing together. On occasions she has tried to get on his back, but that is very infrequent. I am concerned that after 8 months they will be territorial ipabout "their" space. I don't want to spoil the friendship just for the sake of a few days.

You need to fully neutralise the area before they both go in together, so then territorialness won't be an issue.

Back