• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!! : )

lisabeanbrady

Young Bun
Hello!

Would like to introduce myself, Lisa, and my two lovely mini lop rabbits Iver and Violet :wave:

+ my 6 3 1/2week old surprise bunnies!!

came across this site whilst looking for some advice on one of my baby buns.

hello!

If I could keep them all I would!! But having 8 rabbits is not possible :cry:

I have found homes for three (four!) of them (I have 6) 1 is (was!) going to be a house bunny but after speaking to a member on here I was advised that even house rabbits need companion- I spoke to my friend last night and she has agreed to take 2!!and the other 2 are going to my neighbors- a really lovely couple, and I will get to see them often and bunny sit sometimes

So that leaves me with 2...and I'm thinking of keeping them both and having 4 bunnies, if not they will need to find a home

some advice for new rabbit owners: get the gender of your rabbit double checked by a vet, wait the 2 months after getting the boy bunny done before putting him back with mum..having babies is in a way great fun but it is expensive and given me a lot of heartache, a lot of hard work, and its expensive..having pet rabbits mate just isn't a good idea, and I don't think it makes them happy, being nueted is the best way.

hello!

I have found homes for three (four!) of them (I have 6) 1 is (was!) going to be a house bunny but after speaking to a member on here I was advised that even house rabbits need companion- I spoke to my friend last night and she has agreed to take 2!!and the other 2 are going to my neighbors- a really lovely couple, and I will get to see them often and bunny sit sometimes

So that leaves me with 2...and I'm thinking of keeping them both and having 4 bunnies, if not they will need to find a home

some advice for new rabbit owners: get the gender of your rabbit double checked by a vet, wait the 2 months after getting the boy bunny done before putting him back with mum..having babies is in a way great fun but it is expensive and given me a lot of heartache, a lot of hard work, and its expensive..having pet rabbits mate just isn't a good idea, and I don't think it makes them happy, being nueted is the best way.

Great advice! It must be very hard for you having to give them up. :(

hello!

Great advice, I had a friend who got a pair from a petshop and had the same issue, except her litter of 3 died :(

Have you posted any piccies yet??

Hello and welcome. Hope you find lovely homes for all your surprise bunnies. It must be so hard to part with them.

:wave:

Back