• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

licking hand?

sheridan

Warren Scout
I was just wondering what people thought this could mean? Looked it up but got so many different bits of info.

2 days ago I let Gizmo outside and let her run riot for about 2 hrs. She loved it and was binkying like mad. When she finally came back in I went to stroke her. she started licking her chair that she always sits in then started licking both of my hands.

today I went to stroke her and got the exact same reaction.

What does this mean?

my gues would be "thank you for letting me run around outside so much I really enjoyed it!" I think its a sign of happiness. I only get licks during grooming and thats rare.

Its a bond thing, it means she is grooming you, as she would if you were another rabbit. It means she loves you :D

Yup, i think its a sign of affection. My bunny licks my hands when i stroke him, and never licks anything or anyone else :)

awww thanks for this guys....some places said it was cos they were short of salt and stuff so licked your hand to get that.

but your versions are much nicer!!!!!!!:wave:

It's a definite 'I love you' groom, congrats! Oscar sometimes licks my face, it's very special (he has a very hot little tongue!) :love::love:

Out of my two only Casper licks me. Charlie is indifferent to me I think! He will lick Casper but draws the line at me. Maybe Casper feels sorry for me and licks me to make me feel better and not left out!! :lol:

Back