• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why was my thread deleted?

William

Wise Old Thumper
I suppose because of "Website links and content posted on the forum should be suitable for all ages." But that site doesn't have any of that. The TOS on that site even says "Forums containing any of the following material may not be submitted to ____: adult, illegal, drug, weapons, violence, or hate." ....and anyways, couldn't you have just removed the link, instead of deleting the whole thread? I needed to find something in the thread and now I can't....and I wasn't even notified it was deleted or what was wrong with it or anything. :?

I don't think any are online right now though...not sure how else to find their name in order to PM them :? Oh well, I don't really care that much...just found it odd since the site I linked to is very clean...i wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

It was deleted because it was advertising/spam. You benefited from people signing up. Although the site/service wasn't owned by you the same rule would apply.

Post, incite debate or send unsolicited PM's about your website, organisation, product, services or items for sale (including livestock). The forum does not allow advertising.

No, I would only benefit if people posted a lot. I don't benefit from sign ups. Anyways, whats so bad about that? Would it kill someone if I made a dollar or something from someone who was posting of their own free will AND earning themselves money at the same time from the site. What about people benefiting from contest votes? People here could be completely swaying the vote on a photo contest where someone wins a LOT of money, not just a few measly cents :roll:

I don't even really care about this, its just the principle of the thing. It wasn't spam at all. Some might have found it helpful. I see people all the time posting about other rabbit forums and all kinds of things, their posts aren't deleted :(

We don't allow advertising. You were advertising. Doesn't matter exactly how you would make the cash.

If people post about a forum just to promote it (advertise it) then yes, it is deleted. We don't delete relevant links just because the info is on a forum - that's not advertising.

It's just the same as we don't allow posts plugging something someone has for sale on ebay (even if it's rabbit related) or their new rabbit shop.

If you spot someone breaking the rules report it, don't join in and then complain when your post is deleted.

Back