• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit always bites me!

deedee1997

Young Bun
I don't why he does this because I have nerver done anything to him and I always treat him well but he won't let me hold him at all and he scratches as well. Also he has nerver been around small children. He has drawn blood for one of my friends as well! Please help because I have no idea what to do and at this rate I will just sell him!:(:(

Yep he is neutered and it is usually if I pick him up or me is on my lap but I am not but if he struggles I let him go!

Many bunnies don't like to be picked up. Most will scratch and try to get away - especially if they are held high up off the ground as they feel very insecure. If this is the case, maybe try enticing into a carry box by putting treats/hay in box, and then transfer to where you need to take them - i.e. vets. To build up trust just sit on the floor with him and hand feed treats and then just start by gently stroking between ears (Mine love this) but don't try to pick him up.

Yep, don't pick him up. Almost all rabbits hate it. Get down on the floor on his level and give him cuddle there. They bit you to let you know they're not happy.

Hi :wave:
What are his living arrangements? i.e. how big is his living area, how big is his run, how long does he get in his run etc?

He has a 3 by 2 meter run shared by 2 other rabbits but they have to be separated because they fight and they are let in rest of the garden some times to nibble on the grass but it is not really very big and he is in the run for a few hours most days.

Back