• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collapsable wooden/meshed run?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I saw someone talking about them the other day and i can't find them for the life of me, either on RU or t'internet.

Does anyone have a link at all?

I'd like one but have no idea on cost/size etc :)

Thank you in advance.

Mine is 5x7ft and I got it from ebay. Great bargain, think it was only about £50 with delivery :thumb:

Thats huge :shock:

It MUST be foldable, due to lack of space. I want one to put B&G out without necessarily having to be there all the time.

I'd only leave them for like 5 mins to run to the loo, but i can't even do that when i put them in the metal pen :)

I have the same one as fluffers and joanne, its easy to set up and fold, i put mine in it every day and have left them in it for a while when ive popped out, the wood is a bit soft as has marked on a few areas from folding away, but it is perfect for a run about. I think it could do with a door on the side also. but the top opening is good as i sit in with my head out:lol: so i can get to know my still nervous new rescue bunnies.:D

I have one very similar to your first link. It's from Doghealth, but practically the same as the Trixie one - 216 x 116 x 63. I was really impressed with it. It's quite sturdy for a mesh run, and folds up nicely. I was a little disappointed as I got small rust spots on a bit of it, but the company were really helpful and offered to replace it (I took a partial refund in the end). That was the only negative with it, and I think I was just unlucky with mine.

I think Doghealth sell on ebay, but I got mine from Amazon. (it was £55 including delivery, so v good value).

i'd say the second 1
the first one, quite a few members on here have had problems with i think. i might be mistaken, but isn't the first one the run that (sorry, can't remember who it was) a bun managed to get his head stuck in and drag half way across the yard trying to escape?

i'd say the second 1
the first one, quite a few members on here have had problems with i think. i might be mistaken, but isn't the first one the run that (sorry, can't remember who it was) a bun managed to get his head stuck in and drag half way across the yard trying to escape?

:shock:

Dont go for the metal one, there have been 2 horror stories of buns getting heads stuck :cry:

Dont go for the metal one, there have been 2 horror stories of buns getting heads stuck :cry:

:shock::shock::shock: gonna keep a close eye on my bunny in this one then, yikes that sounds awful. I am hoping that the fact she has quite a large head will help, but I might have to put some smaller mesh round the sides.

Oh my goodness, that poor little bunny. I am quite worried about this. Just been looking at mine. Bella pushes her nose through, but can't get any further than that, but I guess if she managed to get her head sideways through the bars, then turned her head back to normal, she would be stuck :cry:. We have some mesh, so I am going to tack on some round the sides, as the run was meant for fosters so I could have smaller rabbits using it who are probably more likely to fit their heads through.

I am so glad I read this thread!

Sorry to hijack but I too am thinking of getting two of these runs and somehow attaching them together (by the time I've got materials and devoted my time it's far easy to buy one premade!).

Is the 2ft really high enough for buns in full binky though?

Sorry to hijack but I too am thinking of getting two of these runs and somehow attaching them together (by the time I've got materials and devoted my time it's far easy to buy one premade!).

Is the 2ft really high enough for buns in full binky though?

For a smallish bun yes :)

Gray the ones I have go down very small if that helps but are flexible so you can make a run virtually any size, just keep adding panels. The bars also have thinner gaps than the metal one you linked to.

As I'm always out there with them I don't even bother putting anything over the top apart from a tarp for some shade. I just get in and sit in there with them.

Gray the ones I have go down very small if that helps but are flexible so you can make a run virtually any size, just keep adding panels. The bars also have thinner gaps than the metal one you linked to.

As I'm always out there with them I don't even bother putting anything over the top apart from a tarp for some shade. I just get in and sit in there with them.

Im thinking towards a 'roofed' run, just so i can leave them to play, even if im just sat in the living room (which has the patio door to the garden) im only a 2 sec run from them if i had to get out.

I used the 'panel' run at the weekend, but i used to many panels protecting the house, i dont have many left for the garden :lol:

Plus, my garden has ragwort (possible, identified by thumps_) - so i can't give a massive space now :(

I'm edging towards a 6x4 sized run :?

Actually the ragwort was partly what I was thinking of cos with three panels you could block it off. But yeah if you need a roof they aren't so great.

Back