• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded rabbits

Alicia

Mama Doe
If I got 2 rabbits from a rescue that were already neutered, bonded etc. should I have 2 food bowls and 2 water bottles to stop them falling out? I don't know if this happens with rabbits, can they argue and become posessive over things like the food bowl and toys? I know with guinea-pigs I have a food bowl each and water bottle each and I was just wondering if the same is needed for rabbits?

If I got 2 rabbits from a rescue that were already neutered, bonded etc. should I have 2 food bowls and 2 water bottles to stop them falling out? I don't know if this happens with rabbits, can they argue and become posessive over things like the food bowl and toys? I know with guinea-pigs I have a food bowl each and water bottle each and I was just wondering if the same is needed for rabbits?

There is nothing stopping you having two bowls and bottles, however it is really not required.

As Janice said ^^

I've never had my two squabble over water bowls. I tend to sprinkle their pellets about as sometimes Bart might push Heather off the food, shes back in a couple of seconds though - she won't have no boy telling her what to do :lol:

:wave: I've always had 2 water bottles, but that's 1 in the hutch & 1 downstairs in the run - to cover both bases.

I've never used feed bowls. Mine have always had hay down 24:7. Their veg & herbs are scattered on the hay & the very few pellets they have (eggcup per day) is scattered too. This encourages natural foraging :)

Back