• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

3 blades of grass and Clover gets belly ache :(

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Just had to take him to the vet as he was stretched out in the litter tray, looking uncomfortable and refusing his treats :(

Normally I'd give him half an hour and try the usual tummy rubs, running around etc, but I'm a bit paranoid at the moment, so we begged the vet to squeeze us in.

He's had zantac & metaclopramide, and I have some liquid metaclop for if he's not fully back to normal in the morning.

He hasn't eaten yet. I put him back out with Dan as it's really mild here tonight and he will move about far more outdoors than inside.

*sigh*

Oh dear. :( What a moment to pick. :roll: I do hope he picks up soon and you can have a relaxing weekend. It's strange that a bun who likes eating so much is quite easily upset. :?

Oh dear. :( What a moment to pick. :roll: I do hope he picks up soon and you can have a relaxing weekend. It's strange that a bun who likes eating so much is quite easily upset. :?

I know. He adores his food, but I can't give him all the things he'd love to eat as they upset him so much.

He had 2 blades of grass last week and was fine, but it is obviously getting richer, so he will have to stay off it now.

My poor wee boy :(

Aw, sending Clover lots of vibes for a quick recovery. It's always best to get them checked out, especially just before the weekend.:roll:

Poor little man.

The grass is starting to get richer here too I think - I really need to get the lawnmower on our back garden very soon as I'm worried Alfie and Bubbles will end up over-indulging as well.

I hope he feels better soon. x

He has eaten s afew bramble leaves and done a couple of poops :)

He looks much more comfortable now, although he is glaring at me to put the lamp out so that he can go to sleep (he had a hard evening sat on my mums lap watching soaps while she rubbed his tummy :roll:)

I won't be feeding him any fresh grass or plant growth until the spring richness had gone.

He and Dan are camping out under the table in my room - Dan is currently trying to dig the carpet up (thankfully I have put an offcut of carpet over the bedroom carpet :lol:)

He has eaten s afew bramble leaves and done a couple of poops :)

He looks much more comfortable now, although he is glaring at me to put the lamp out so that he can go to sleep (he had a hard evening sat on my mums lap watching soaps while she rubbed his tummy :roll:)

I won't be feeding him any fresh grass or plant growth until the spring richness had gone.

He and Dan are camping out under the table in my room - Dan is currently trying to dig the carpet up (thankfully I have put an offcut of carpet over the bedroom carpet :lol:)

Yay, glad to hear he is feeling better now! Sounds like a very tough evening indeed- what soaps was it? :lol:

Back