• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitty

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I tried to post this last night but RU wasn't working, so I kept a copy and am going to re-try posting.

Kitty came to me with two other female rats on 20th September 2009. Kitty was an instant favourite, she was the tamest and such a sweet girl. I bonded the rats into a group of 5 girls. Sadly one by one they departed. I used to refer to Kitty as my nurse rat because when any of the others became ill she was always there with them, making sure they got food and were kept warm :love:

1kitt.jpg

1kittt.jpg

1ratpile.jpg

Kitty's last friend passed away last month and from then onwards I made sure Kitty got lots of lovely treats and lots of freerange time. Kitty had several large tumours which had been growing for about 2 months, the vet advised against operating, so my only choice was to keep her comfortable. I bought her a big fluffy baby blanket to keep her extra warm.

106_0209.jpg

This evening I went to feed her and she was so weak she couldn't stand, she kept falling onto her head, I could see in her eyes that she was in pain and I had to let her go. My mum called the emergency vet and we took her in, the vet was extremely nice. I had a cuddle with Kitty, then the vet took her out the back to have some gas.. Once Kitty was asleep the vet brought her back to me, so I could be with her when she passed. She was laying there so peacefully, the vet injected her and she instantly stopped breathing. I wrapped her up and we brought her home. I am going to bury her in the morning.

Kitty you were an amazing rat, you loved your friend so much and took such great care of them. I wish I could have done more for you.

I'll never forget you. Sweet dreams little angel xxx :cry::cry:

I am so sorry Lillian that you had to say goodbye to Kitty, she sounds like she was a very special rat indeed.

Sleep tight Kitty xx

So sorry :( she was a gorgeous little girl, it's horrible how much the ratties break your heart.
She was obviously such a special girl :love:

So sorry :(

Kitty was a very special girl.
She can now take care of her friends at the bridge,

Sleep tight kitty xx

My brothers 3 year old step son came round this afternoon and he kept asking me to go get the rat out for him to see because last time he came round I let him stroke Kitty :( My mum told him Kitty has gone to heaven but he still kept asking for her.

She was lovely. As a massive ratty fan myself I know only too well how they creep into your heart and leave huge holes when they leave. :cry: xx

Sounds like she had a lovely life with you though - no ratty can ask for more than that.

Tons of hugs - it's far harder when you lose more than one animal so close together - thinking of you xx

Back