• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grinding teeth

Rodentranch

Alpha Buck
I have heard that this can be a sign of happiness or of pain/stress.

What I am hearing is a little quieter than when he is munching his pellets..so which do you think this is? :?

Get a vet check just incase- if there are no dental problems, it could be nothing. Otherwise, maybe spurs?

I did wonder that at first but he had teeth done last friday - there were spurs on the back teeth, surely they couldn't have grown back so quickly? He is a super hay muncher. Can't say there is any difference in noise either before or after the vet saw him. Didn't think to mention it to vet when they checed him as figured it was due to the spurs :oops:

I did wonder that at first but he had teeth done last friday - there were spurs on the back teeth, surely they couldn't have grown back so quickly? He is a super hay muncher. Can't say there is any difference in noise either before or after the vet saw him. Didn't think to mention it to vet when they checed him as figured it was due to the spurs :oops:

Mine need teeth doing every 3 weeks. They can grow fast. Maybe he is unhappy in general with his teeth, dental buns can be in pain continuously if they have tooth root problems, which can't be seen without an xray- ( please ask JacksJane on the forum, she is good with this stuff and has helped me alot). I would like to keep mine on constant pain relief, but my vets won't give metacam routinely, they give jabs as and when i take them in. I would just keep an eye on it and mention it to the vets when you see them next.

Okay thank you - Was thinking of taking him back next week anyway for a check up so I guess you just made my mind up for me :thumb:

Back