• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

over feeding during winter....

angieb

Mama Doe
when it was really at the start of the winter i increased the buns pellets and now i am worried i have made them gain a little too much wieght..:?
should i start to reduce the food now or wait till spring?
i would say i have increased it about 70% :?

whoa thats a lot of extra pellets :)

Just slowly start cutting back now i'd say, plenty of hay and less pellets they shuold be fine :)

I increased it for mine when it was super cold, but now I've already reduced them. If they have unlimited hay and as long as their coat is luscious and thick then they should be fine.

I do think that they all tend to put on weight over winter, even without additional pellets because they just sit more and are less active, but it will come off in spring.

But yes, I would think you will be fine reducing it to a normal amount now.

they still eat loads of hay....:)
i think as the cold weather carried on i felt more guilty about them maybe feeling cold??? guilt feeding i think! :lol:
they are chuncks anyway and only had a small amount of pellets so even now it doesnt look much they have.
i will start to reduce them again tonight. :D

I fed my buns more over winter also, vet says they are a little overweight but once spring comes itll fall off them when they are back outside running about. :D

they still eat loads of hay....:)
i think as the cold weather carried on i felt more guilty about them maybe feeling cold??? guilt feeding i think! :lol:
they are chuncks anyway and only had a small amount of pellets so even now it doesnt look much they have.
i will start to reduce them again tonight. :D

I think everyone does it :) Everyone wants best for their bunsters :)

Rock on you for looking after them :)

Back