• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I just let them get on with it?

Biscuit's Mum!

Warren Veteran
Badger is irritating the life out of Biscuit, and has been for months now, probably 6 months of their bonded 12.

He runs around her, has occasional humps and chases her lots. She was originally the dominant one, but he seems to have found her weakness, which is that when he chases her around, he has more energy than you can believe, but she is a fat lump who doesn't run around a lot.

Anyway, we have let them get on with it so far (save for telling him off when we hear her wimpering), and she hides in her litter tray if she wants to get away from him: for some reason he doesn't follow her in there.

The problem is that now he has taken the chasing and humping into their hutch which is an enclosed space.

Biscuit is my baby girl and I am very worried that this is going to make her unhappy. Is there anything at all we can do, or do we just need to let them sort out their problems themselves?

Suppose we could always let Badger go into the wild instead of bothering ;) (sorry couldn't resist a bit of trifle!)

Suppose we could always let Badger go into the wild instead of bothering ;) (sorry couldn't resist a bit of trifle!)

:shock::shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Are there any particular times when the chasing occurs have you noticed?

Alfie is terrible when there is food around and Bubbles has now actually learnt to hide on one of the stools when I approach with food until Alfie has started tucking in .... then she knows it's safe to come and get some food herself. :(

It's quite sad to watch but they are so happy the rest of the time (and the food chasing is very short-lived) that I just let them get on with it.

I guess it depends how much it's happening though and what's causing it - if you know what the triggers are, you might be able to work ways round it.

:shock::shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Are there any particular times when the chasing occurs have you noticed?

Alfie is terrible when there is food around and Bubbles has now actually learnt to hide on one of the stools when I approach with food until Alfie has started tucking in .... then she knows it's safe to come and get some food herself. :(

It's quite sad to watch but they are so happy the rest of the time (and the food chasing is very short-lived) that I just let them get on with it.

I guess it depends how much it's happening though and what's causing it - if you know what the triggers are, you might be able to work ways round it.

That's a really good point, thank you. It actually occurs during Biscuit's quiet time, when she is having a rest and Badger is clearly still a bit hyper. Perhaps we need to think of something to keep Badger active and challenged during that time so she gets the rest she needs.

Back