• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wet nose!

Harri

New Kit
Benny seems to have a wet patch just under his nostrils we he comes into my living room and sits on the sofa with me.
hes an outdoor rabbit, so im just wondering if this is normal or something i should be worried about.
like, if its just him breathing so fast tht moisture gathers under where he breaths...i used to think it was the change of temp from outside to coming inside tht made him wet there, but i now let him wonder my dinningroom and his nose only becomes wet wen he is picked up and put on my sofa :/

Benny seems to have a wet patch just under his nostrils we he comes into my living room and sits on the sofa with me.
hes an outdoor rabbit, so im just wondering if this is normal or something i should be worried about.
like, if its just him breathing so fast tht moisture gathers under where he breaths...i used to think it was the change of temp from outside to coming inside tht made him wet there, but i now let him wonder my dinningroom and his nose only becomes wet wen he is picked up and put on my sofa :/

I wouldn't bring him indoors during winter if you can help it. The extreme variation in temperature for prolonged periods will not be good for him, and yes he could be breathing quickly due to overheating indoors with his thick outdoor fluffy coat on and hence the damp nose, or he could have the beginings of a respiratory infection. It would be sensible to have him seen by a vet to rule this out. :wave:

I have to agree with Prettylupin here, it's not a good idea to bring outdoor buns inside in the winter if they are living outside, you can get away with it in Summer but the temperature difference is too dramatic from Autumn onwards really.

I would have a good look at bunny, check front paws as "runny" noses are often wiped here - look for fur that has been wet and dried leaving that crinkly look. See if his nose is wet at all when he is outside - if it is I'd get him to the vet straight away.

Mine does the same when she comes indoors and runs around a lot. I am not bringing her indoors for more than about 15 mins at the moment though and this is just to give her her worming liquid. Mine has always had this and the vet has not noticed any problems with her even when she goes to the vets with a wet nose. I think it is just because she often runs around a lot and tires herself out so breathes heavily. She has quite thick fur so I think she gets hot. Good idea to get your rabbit checked by the vets though.

thankyou for the adviceeee :)
im gonna go get him checked out asap, along wit him getting the snip XD
cant wait, hes very horny atm lol
x

Back