• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shavings

Do you mean for bedding?

If so then I would say not necessarily as they can be ingested & cause blockages.

A lot of people (me included) line the hutches/shed floors with lino & then use litter bowls lined with newspaper & filled with hay. These can double up as beds i.e. they eat/sleep & poo in the same place :shock::D You can add towels/fleece blankets/carpet mats (watch they don't get eaten) for warmth & comfort.

Hope this helps :wave:

Spenser just has newspaper and hay in his litter bowl (bedroom), piles of eating hay in his living quarters (and fleece blankets), and hay/straw downstairs in the underrun. I originally used shavings, but cut them down and eventually stopped using them altogether, but did not replace them with anything (I do use quite a thick layer of newspaper).

Easibed is what i've just ordered- Before this i had auboise though with newspaper and hay under. Shavings no. Megazorb is good.

Just to be the odd one out. I have to use wood-shavings :wave:

Those of you who know Biscuit & I will know why :lol: :roll:

I either use shavings or hemcore i'm using shavings at the moments as they are cheaper :oops:

Back