• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this big enough?

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
As some of you know my bonding didn't quite go to plan and this morning I found a big chunk of Rosie's fur on the floor so I've decided to separate them. I may try again or may not so this accommodation may be temporary. As to be honest, I'm still gonna be dry whilst feeding etc like I wanted, its the same space just with a divider like I wanted, they can still all interact like I wanted and finally their much happier in their pairs - Rosie and Grace can finally relax.

Right now its just the shed but next weekend if there's no snow about we will attach this run. And also put the hutch on the end divided in two if necessary, if not I can give it to the piggies. Do you think I need the hutch too? If i do will it be ok to put on the ground (with something to lift it off the ground a little bit) instead of on top? Just the ladder takes up a fair bit of room.

SnowShed006.jpg

The size inside the she for each pair is 3.5 foot x 4 foot 10 inches. The divider is about 2 foot by the way. Plus they'd have a run size of 3 foot x 4 foot each then if necessary a hutch on the end of about 3 x 2 x 2 foot. They free range for about an hour every day too.

Rosie and Teds side.

SnowShed007.jpg

SnowShed008.jpg

SnowShed009.jpg

SnowShed010.jpg

Grace and Elliot's side (Their favourite place to sit is on the snowy mat :roll:)

SnowShed020.jpg

SnowShed013.jpg

SnowShed012.jpg

Over view:

SnowShed019.jpg

SnowShed018.jpg

SnowShed017.jpg

SnowShed016.jpg

SnowShed015.jpg

SnowShed021.jpg

What do you think, it will be big enough with the run and possibly hutch?

Thank you :wave:

If it was me I would attach the hutch and run but I will bump this up for you so someone more experienced comes long :D

minimum RSPCA size is 12 sq feet so this should be ok :wave: more space the better of course. Is it just temporary until you can try rebonding?

ETA sorry just re-read and you already answered my question!

Last edited:
i think it is yes. This way when you try re-bond they will hopefully be used to each others smell more :)

you might need a solid divider so they can't see each other or they might display referred aggression. When I have the trio and Lucy and Zero side by side I have to put a board in between on they fight within their groups

you might need a solid divider so they can't see each other or they might display referred aggression. When I have the trio and Lucy and Zero side by side I have to put a board in between on they fight within their groups

Thats true but when i had all three rabbits inside they were side by side for months and i think thats why all my bondings have been so easy.
It could go either way though

Thats true but when i had all three rabbits inside they were side by side for months and i think thats why all my bondings have been so easy.
It could go either way though
Yeah you're right it could go either way :wave: I have Castiel and Ruby beside the trio at the minute and there is no referred aggression :)

There hasn't been any yet but if there is my dad can easily modify it :wave:

Whats more important would you say: Keeping them in pairs - being more happy and relaxed but less space or together put being on edge with more space. I probably will try to re bond just to see what happens but I personally don't have much hope. They did get on in the bath so I dunno. Anyway I haven't got time lately to do a proper bond :)

With the hutch and run they will have just over 35 square feet in total. If re-bonding doesn't work I will probably get a 6 x 4 run for each pair.

There hasn't been any yet but if there is my dad can easily modify it

You might also find that it'll need to be higher (so the don't jump it) and/or smaller mesh doubled up (so they can't bite each other through it.

The shed space seems fine to me but I think I'd want them to have at least 4ft x 6ft of run space per pair as that would bring you up the the 36sq feet per pair.

You might also find that it'll need to be higher (so the don't jump it) and/or smaller mesh doubled up (so they can't bite each other through it.

The shed space seems fine to me but I think I'd want them to have at least 4ft x 6ft of run space per pair as that would bring you up the the 36sq feet per pair.

Yes I know, will do if necessary. Ted likes to interact with the others through the mesh which is cute whereas Rosie stays away, so at the moment its working. I also want them to get used to each others sight/smell etc for the next bonding session.

With the run in half it is pretty much 36 sq anyway (ok well 35) but as I said if re-bonding doesn't work I will give them a 6 x 4 run each hopefully. That will give them about 48 sq each.

Just realised I have a 7.5 foot x 3 foot run. I can have this for one pair and a 6 x 4 foot one for the other pair. Both fit on the shed nicely :D:D

Can I just ask where you got the hutch from and how much? :wave:

I know it was from ebay.... I reckon it was around £160 - 180. Cant remember exactly. They dont sell them anymore though, its not from the happy hutch or that because the middle door opens.

Back