• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunday Night Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
The final RU Pub Quiz of 2010 is tonight!! Proceeds for the RU Pub Quiz go to the Pledge a Pound Fundraiser.

Tonight's Quiz will have a Christmas Theme! It will go live at 7:00pm and questions will appear in this post at that time. Quiz stays open for 10 minutes. All you have to do is send your answers (or copy and paste questions and answers) in to a PM to me (Helgalush). See Rules below for more details. :wave:

For those who have entered 3 quizzes (including tonight's) you are in with a chance of winning the prize.

Otherwise you can play for fun, with the £1 entry going to Pledge a Pound. :wave:

TONIGHT's QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

1. Which city is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth? Bethlehem

2. In what year did Band Aid release their single “Do They Know Its Christmas?”? 1984

3. In the song the 12 Days of Christmas, how many ladies are dancing? 9

4. In which year was Mr Blobby the Christmas number one song? 1993

5. Which female solo artist was born on Christmas Day in 1971? a. Victoria Beckham b. Annie Lennox c. Kylie Minogue d.Dido d. Dido

6. From the rhyme “T’was the night before Christmas”, which reindeer was not pulling Santa’s sleigh? Rudolf

7. The Christmas tree on display in Trafalgar Square in London is an annual gift to the UK from which country? Norway

8. By what name is Boxing Day (26th December) also known? St Stephen's Day

9. When singing “The 12 Days of Christmas”, how many presents are given in total? a. 78 b. 364 c. 12 or d. 256 b. 364 - this was a kind of trick question - as you need to add up the whole song, including repeats. The only person to get this right was RNGPWelfare - well done Tracy :wave:

10. Which well-known actor died on Christmas Day 1977? Charlie Chaplin

11. Which Michael Jackson song was a Christmas number one in 1995? Earth Song

12. Who wrote the Christmas story, The Snowman? Raymond Briggs

13. What colour is Santa Claus’ belt? Black

14. In the TV show The Simpsons, who or what is Santa’s Little Helper? Pet Dog

15. In Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, how many different ghosts visited Scrooge? 4

Quiz Rules

1. There will be TWO quizzes a week - one on Sundays and one on Wednesdays.

2. Scores will be acumulated to the end (12th December), the winner will win a prize. This will be done on a pro-rata basis, ie averaged on the number of quizzes you enter, so that it is fair for everyone. However, to be in with a chance of winning the prize, you need to enter at least 3 different quizzes.

THE PRIZE IS A £10 VOUCHER FOR THE HAY EXPERTS.

The prize for Funniest Answers is a Naturals Cranberry & Parsley Christmas Tree!

3. The quiz will be live for 10 MINUTES only, from the time of starting. At the start time, 15 questions will appear on this thread. You will then have exactly 10 minutes to either type your answers, or copy and paste the questions and answers - in a PM to me (Helgalush).

4. Just for fun, I will announce the winner for each quiz. I will endeavour to announce the winner asap after the quiz ends. In the event of a tie, the person who sent their answers back quickest will be the winner.

5. If at the end of all the quizzes, there is more than one person with the same average high score, there will be a tiebreaker scenario.

6. All entries will cost £1 via paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk Please remember to send it as a gift if you can. You can do this once you have sent your PM to me, but no later than 10pm on the night please so that I can verify payments and announce the winner.

7. This will run until 12th December (inclusive). Please remember it is for Pledge a Pound

Any questions please PM me. If we have any Sunday/Wednesday night wobbles, it will be postponed to another time, and disputes on answers will be as per what it says in my book! I have the final say!

GOOD LUCK! Please check back here at 7:00pm on Sunday!

Last edited:
Hi all, just a reminder about the pub quiz tonight at 9:00pm. Please come back to this thread then if you would like to join in :wave:

Thanks.

Oooohhh I must make sure I'm back on the computer sharpish at 9pm tonight!!! :D

Looking forward to it Helen :wave:

5 hours to go guys - would be great if lots of folk could take part tonight :)

It's been really good fun the last couple of times :D

Have I confused people things by starting a new thread? :oops:

I hope more will join in tonight. My OH said he wanted to join in (and would pay) but folk might think he had insider knowledge!! ;):lol:

Have I confused people things by starting a new thread? :oops:

I hope more will join in tonight. My OH said he wanted to join in (and would pay) but folk might think he had insider knowledge!! ;):lol:

Only me:lol: I didn't look for the new thread:lol: As long as your o/h hasn't been looking at the questions and answers I don't think there's a problem, it is for fun anyway:D

Only me:lol: I didn't look for the new thread:lol: As long as your o/h hasn't been looking at the questions and answers I don't think there's a problem, it is for fun anyway:D

Oh no, its not for fun, its super-competitive dont you know!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I will try and remember, but I'm a bit excited about the start of 'I'm a Celebrity...' :oops:

Thats fair enough hun, its a bit difficult on a Sunday night, especially in the lead-up to Christmas and with X Factor as well.

I've set I'm a Celeb to record, so will only be 10 mins behind watching it.

I did think about changing the time but I dont want to confuse people and it would have to be about 7pm so as not to conflict with Strictly either!

Back