• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've been to the vets again...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Yes, again. Got up and fed the lions and Smudge refused to eat. Didn't even come out of his hiding place. :( Tried waving it in front of his mouth, nothing, tried a crunchie and still nothing! Left him for a while and then he grudgingly took the crunchie but I knew he needed the vets.

So he's had some metaclop and some metacam and we have Zantac and more metacam for this evening and morning. He's started nibbling a few things and has eaten the pellets after much nagging from me by waving them in front of him. My room looks like a hay convention and we have three types of hay plus a bowl of dried stuff. Have no greens in cos Mum is going shopping tonight but found some parsley in the garden. He's had some of that.

Had some very dodgy looking poos - dark, sticky and stinky! And then some more normal ones recently. But he's still a bit lethargic and hasn't wolfed anything down. It's mainly taken me annoying him to get him to eat.

Poor smudge, my little one has been leaving very stinky soft poos every morn as well but she's outside happily nomming on grass and nearly bit my arm off for mint leaves.

Vibes for the little one!

Come on Smudge lots of nomming please!! At least he's eaten something and passed something even if it is a bit yucky!! Maybe he's just holding out for the fresh greensies!

I've just seen him eating some oat hay :thumb: I need him to have a good few minutes nomming instead of just picking at stuff.

I think I'm going to go get some stuff out of the garden. Maybe cut a bit of grass. Least that would get some water into him.

He's definitely eating with more gusto now. I just gave them the whole box of dried stuff and he and Nutmeg started arguing over the same bit of plantain :shock:

I got a picture, it's completely blurred but makes me giggle cos it was so funny to watch (and reassuring).

Smudgeface is still eating well :thumb: He's still on the medication though until Wednesday so hopefully he'll carry on after that. I thought Mischa was my only junkie rabbit but Smudge is too - he loves Metacam, once he realises it isn't Zantac anyway, and licks it straight from the syringe. :roll::lol:

glad to hear he is nomming again, this is what I dread egtting up in the morning!!

Keep going smudge with the nommy treats that mummuh is getting just for you!

Glad Smudge is eating again:D Do you know what caused it?

I think my Mum scared them the night before and maybe he just didn't feel comfortable eating so brought on a bit of stasis. Sometimes they jump and get surprised when someone goes on the landing at night, we've got a nightlight for the landing now and it seems to have helped.

It's meant that I've decided not to go ahead with a shed/aviary combo for them though. If something happens to scare him it might happen again and outside I can't keep such a good eye on them. Sadly it means I can't increase their space any more - they have a whole room, I'm trying to figure out a way for the pairs to share the landing by having different times on it but it leads to lots of marking. :? So it might just have to stay as it is.

I hope mine never get that sensitive, our house sounds like a war zone:oops:

Wish I could help you with increasing space, but I think a whole room is ok for two buns:)

I hope mine never get that sensitive, our house sounds like a war zone:oops:

Wish I could help you with increasing space, but I think a whole room is ok for two buns:)

Smudge really is a very easily scared rabbit. Have no idea why but I wonder if it's to do with the amount of time he spent in the pet shop, he was there for about 5 weeks with no-one wanting him. They had a glass corridor though where the rabbits are and this is locked unless someone asks to see them. Yeah I know a room is enough, but they can't really run around doing bunny 500's or binkies in here. Mind you looking at them now they are sound-o. :roll::lol:

Was that the pet shop opposite McDonald's? I always thought that would be good for them. But thinking about it they are not exposed to very much in their formative weeks then:?

When they mark in the hall is it just with their chins?:oops:

Was that the pet shop opposite McDonald's? I always thought that would be good for them. But thinking about it they are not exposed to very much in their formative weeks then:?

When they mark in the hall is it just with their chins?:oops:

Nope with their botties!! :lol:

Nope it's a pet store within a garden centre near Badger's Mount.

Back