PDA

View Full Version : Savings...

abi2047
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I have 7.18 towards saving up for a shed and aviary :(:? Its not alot but its a start :D

bunlover
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I have 7.18 towards saving up for a shed and aviary :(:? Its not alot but its a start :D

hey at your young age its a very good start!

Sky-O
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
:D Each penny counts!

Could you look to do jobs for people you know for a small amount of money? I'm sure with Christmas coming, it will all mount up.

abi2047
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
:D Each penny counts!

Could you look to do jobs for people you know for a small amount of money? I'm sure with Christmas coming, it will all mount up.

I don't know what jobs to do or who to ask :lol:

PixieRabbit
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Could get a paper job, :lol: I used to have one with my sister. Although she got paid and just bought me sweets... :roll:

Sky-O
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know what jobs to do or who to ask :lol:

With families and friends you know, you could just ask if there is anything they want doing, for a small amount of money, like sweeping leaves, washing the kitchen floor, walking their dog, anything like that.

abi2047
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Could get a paper job, :lol: I used to have one with my sister. Although she got paid and just bought me sweets... :roll:

I have applied for 2 paper rounds but the waiting lists are about a year long :roll:

chloemurray
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I have applied for 2 paper rounds but the waiting lists are about a year long :roll:

i know how you feel abi! i'm 16 and have two buns to provide for. luckily though i have a job in argos...:oops:
at 14 you can apply to hairdressers, and they'll only let you sweep up hair, make teas and coffees etc.. its a good saturday job and the pay is okay:) you should give it a try!
good luck with saving and yay for making your bunny's life better:D

abi2047
03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
With families and friends you know, you could just ask if there is anything they want doing, for a small amount of money, like sweeping leaves, washing the kitchen floor, walking their dog, anything like that.

I don't think they would want me to wash their floors, I would flood them! :lol:
Most of my friends live far away from me. Family don't like paying people to do the jobs :?

abi2047
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
i know how you feel abi! i'm 16 and have two buns to provide for. luckily though i have a job in argos...:oops:
at 14 you can apply to hairdressers, and they'll only let you sweep up hair, make teas and coffees etc.. its a good saturday job and the pay is okay:) you should give it a try!
good luck with saving and yay for making your bunny's life better:D

Hairdressers? There is one like 2-3 mins from me, just down the road. Will either give them a ring or pop in there tomorrow. Do you know how much they pay?

sugarlump
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Tell your parents and family how much you really want your shed, and let them know how important it is to you..
Santa will be visiting in Dec and you never know, might get a nice surprise ;)
Good for you for saving for something you really want.:D

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Have you tried freecycle abi? you could post an ad asking if anyone has a shed they no longer want :) xxx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Have you tried freecycle abi? you could post an ad asking if anyone has a shed they no longer want :) xxx

I have been looking on there for a while now and no decent ones have shown up. :?

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I have been looking on there for a while now and no decent ones have shown up. :?

You put an ad up asking for one? xx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:31 PM
You put an ad up asking for one? xx

Already done that. I would prefer to have one brand new then I know it will last a long time :D

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Already done that. I would prefer to have one brand new then I know it will last a long time :D

Yes but you could continue to save why you are using the second hand one :) xxx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Yes but you could continue to save why you are using the second hand one :) xxx

True, but then I would have to pay to either have it delivered or pay for someone to pick it up. :lol:

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
True, but then I would have to pay to either have it delivered or pay for someone to pick it up. :lol:

Not always, if you explain that you are at school and its for the bun someone is bound to help you, i do things and dont expect payment? xx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Not always, if you explain that you are at school and its for the bun someone is bound to help you, i do things and dont expect payment? xx

I will email a few people on there to see if possible to deliver it to me :D

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I will email a few people on there to see if possible to deliver it to me :D

If you dont ask you dont get. xxx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
If you dont ask you dont get. xxx

Ahhh, I typed in freecycle and its come up as a different website I was on before so looks like there will be a shed after all :D:D
But I have no idea how to work it :?

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Ahhh, I typed in freecycle and its come up as a different website I was on before so looks like there will be a shed after all :D:D
But I have no idea how to work it :?

You register?
then place an ad i wanted? xxx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
You register?
then place an ad i wanted? xxx

It says someone has to verify you so you can join. It says they will send me an email soon :)

Grace65
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
It says someone has to verify you so you can join. It says they will send me an email soon :)

Ahhh yes just a confirmation email i bet. xx

abi2047
03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
GRRR!!! Looks like a shed plan wont be happening as I just noticed some patio slabs on freecycle and asked mum if I can put some on the grass for when I put the shed on and she said we already have a shed, I wouldn't call it a shed, its a little tiny outhouse made out of concrete with wooden door! Shes made my cry now :( Now I feel like a bad bunny mum because its either a small hutch and run or a concrete outhouse? :(

Grin
04-11-2010, 07:58 AM
My pair live in an outhouse. It's attached to the kitchen. They have a hutch in it with the door removed. they are very happy there and it's bigger than a hutch.

I think you are doing the best for your bunny for your age. If you are really worried about space, i am sure you'll be able to think of something or come up with some way of increasing it.

I bet bunny has a lovely life with you! :)

abi2047
04-11-2010, 08:09 AM
My pair live in an outhouse. It's attached to the kitchen. They have a hutch in it with the door removed. they are very happy there and it's bigger than a hutch.

I think you are doing the best for your bunny for your age. If you are really worried about space, i am sure you'll be able to think of something or come up with some way of increasing it.

I bet bunny has a lovely life with you! :)

Me and mum have made an agreement on a playhouse or a wendy house :D

susie bun
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Great news about the playhouse/wendy house! :D