• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Giant Bunnies new bedroom what size?

andy5898

Warren Scout
I am hopefully adopting a Giant Bunny from a rescue. She is on her own as the rescue have tried bonding her 3 or 4times and she is quite happy seeing other rabbits but does not want them living in her hutch!

Anyway she is hopefully going to move in with me, so I am just sorting out her hutch, and I am building her bedroom. But just want to know what sort of size should I make the hole for her her to get in and out of her bedroom. As I guess it has to be bigger than an average bunny's door way. Its just a case of how big the door way has to be?

I know I sound confused but just want to sort out I have the right size accomodation for my new giant friend. When I say giant she is giant but on the smaller end of giant if that makes sense!

Sorry to sound so confused but any advise on Giant Bunnies is gratefully received!

Cheers

Hello

Personally I dont think any hutch is suitable for a giant. A shed with attached run or a Dog Kennel/run is more appropriate.

Something like this (photo belongs to 'Nursecroft')

IMG_4778.jpg

Or giants make wonderful house bunnies. They are too big to get into the nooks so its easier to bunny proof.

My giant frenchie and her dwarf lop husbun live in a 7ft x 5ft shed....I cant imagine putting her in anything smaller to be honest but I know some people have giants in hutches.....but usually they are custom made to be be pretty huge. What dimensions are you going with??

I like the shed idea as I can go and sit in the shed with my buns no matter the weather and it stores all of their equipment on a shelf we have built in. Plus most shed are cheaper than hutches :Dxx

yes a shed is best or an indoor set up only because mainly they need more room to stretch is she prehaps a frenchie size as that isnt as big as a conti so would be ok in a large hutch with plenty of run time? i would talk to the rescue about what size is best for her really. xx

Last edited:
Back