• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Kennel - For Rabbit? U/D I Bought One, I've Put it Together.

Isis

Mama Doe
Not sure if this is in the right section? But please move if it isn't.

I am looking for a small sized wooden dog kennel for inside the shed, for Gabby to sleep in or hide. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this kennel is any good? If anyone has got one?

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/oxford-dog-kennel-by-hutch-company-37160

I think this size is probably the best size to have? It is to go into a 6ftx8ft shed, at the moment for one rabbit, but will soon house (hoping too) a continental giant.

Thank you

Last edited:
:wave: I have been thinking about something like this. The only thing with this one is it doesn't mention about being able to open the lid so how could you clean it out properly (could be a little awkward). Having said that, notice it is self build so probably could put a hinge on roof somehow.:D

We were also considering a nice wooden dog kennel for a bed/hide and in the end we decided to get a large carrier so it's something they're comfortable in that we can also use it for taking them to the vet.
Might be worth considering, especially with getting the giant as well.

When we were looking at kennels we liked the look of these two:
pretty sheltered kennel with a nice open part

One with a hinged lid that's flat on top so the bunnies can also use it as a platform. available in different sizes

We were also considering a nice wooden dog kennel for a bed/hide and in the end we decided to get a large carrier so it's something they're comfortable in that we can also use it for taking them to the vet.

One with a hinged lid that's flat on top so the bunnies can also use it as a platform. available in different sizes

I like the second one, it has a flip up roof.

My trio have one (Thistle doesn't fit in bunny houses :shock::lol:) -

41237_478781383573_709523573_6799892_7811797_n.jpg

They're in it all the time.

34392_10150103573628574_709523573_7578756_1769293_n.jpg

The wood that mine's made of is pretty rubbish though. I gave it a coat of paint the other day and the wood's so soft, it all just soaked straight in. I think I gave it four coats in the end. I wouldn't put one outside but it's fine for in a shed. :)

Oh, the second one is looking good for my 2. It is to go inside their walk in dog kennel as I think it will be too cold in the winter without something like this.

i just got a old 3ft hutch and stuffed the main area with straw and used the bed area as a walk in...then i have drapped it over with a single quilt....i swapped it for a huge double cage. :shock: the person was keeping 2 guinea pigs in the 3 ft hutch! :roll: as i was looking for a bed i decided the best idea was to swap. now the guineapigs have a bit more space and i have a base/bed for my 2. :)

I've just ordered the second one with the flip top roof, the middle size one, so hoping it will be big enough for the two of them :)

Back