• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding...

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
well I'm still hoping to adopt the lovely Lily from Sandra at the RSPCA in Milton Keynes...Shes suggested dividing my 2 tier hutch and swapping the rabbits over daily and allowing only one rabbit access to the run at a time.

Seems logical but space restricting as the hutch is only 4ft/1.5ft (But normally it is a joint 2 tier)

any advise? :) I just want to find the best way possible to do this bonding when I do finally get her. The apodtionee has already been spayed (a week ago) and my Thumper is due for a neuter in 1 week and a half which Sandra is aware of :)

everyone has completely different ideas on this but in my experience, swapping hutches etc makes the bunnies feel nervous and like they are always in somebody elses territory. In my opinion the best bet is to introduce them in a small safe neutral space where they can be closely monitored if i fight breaks out. i have never bonded just two females although i bonded two neutered pairs but id wait til a while after the spay for the hormones to settle before before bonding but thats just my opinion. I have always had pretty stress free ands succesful bondings but i might have just been lucky. shes a beautiful bun though. lots of good luck :)

everyone has completely different ideas on this but in my experience, swapping hutches etc makes the bunnies feel nervous and like they are always in somebody elses territory. In my opinion the best bet is to introduce them in a small safe neutral space where they can be closely monitored if i fight breaks out. i have never bonded just two females although i bonded two neutered pairs but id wait til a while after the spay for the hormones to settle before before bonding but thats just my opinion. I have always had pretty stress free ands succesful bondings but i might have just been lucky. shes a beautiful bun though. lots of good luck :)

She is a he :lol: My rabbit is a boy ;) The one I want to adopt (Lily) is the spayed girl ;)

Back