• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD vacc (update - page 3 - It's mites)

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
We're having this new Anivac one. So I'm feeling a bit nervous about it. Fortunately I have no plans for the next few days so will be around mostly to keep an eye out for any side effects. Lady on the phone said it is better for side effects than the others but it's not calmed my worries about something so new. :?

Last edited:
Another one??? I was just getting my head around Cylap and Lapinject!!! What's with this one? Is it synthetic? What are the side effects?

I'll be really interested to here how this goes! Im going to ask my vet if they'll do it mainly because its single doses so there is no wastage unlike Lapinject with 5 dose vials!

Well so far they are behaving exactly as normal. Not sluggish or anything. Smudge is a little cross and is sitting under the chair but that's usual after being in the car for some time. He hates travelling. He has had his greens which is good cos normally when he's got a sulk on he likes to worry me by not eating those.

That's great! Let's hope all stays as it is :) Although that Smudge comes out of his strop obviously.

Oh I've just thought that I ought to say, I've never actually had any major side effects with mine from VHD vaccs before anyway. They were normally a bit quiet after and a bit subdued but never had the limp or skin reactions.

Were yours the four Mark mentioned he had vaccinated today, when I was there tonight?

Sally had hers done too. She is eating hay as I type:D

Mark did say it has been used in Holland for ages with no reported side effects:)

Were yours the four Mark mentioned he had vaccinated today, when I was there tonight?

Sally had hers done too. She is eating hay as I type:D

Mark did say it has been used in Holland for ages with no reported side effects:)

When we're you there? Probably. :lol: Our appt was 5.10 but we didn't get in until half past, think he had a PTS to do. :cry: What did he say then? *intrigued*

Had the 6.50 appointment.

He was just reassuring me, as I called Sally a guinea pig as its the first time I have used this one:lol:

He must think we are all mental:lol::oops:

Had the 6.50 appointment.

He was just reassuring me, as I called Sally a guinea pig as its the first time I have used this one:lol:

He must think we are all mental:lol::oops:

Ah, must've been then. My Nutmeg always sounds like a guinea pig in the consult room cos of her breathing issues which flare up under stress. She does that, and Smudge and Mischa try to escape. Mini's the best behaved one of the bunch. :lol:

Ah, must've been then. My Nutmeg always sounds like a guinea pig in the consult room cos of her breathing issues which flare up under stress. She does that, and Smudge and Mischa try to escape. Mini's the best behaved one of the bunch. :lol:

:lol: Its the only time Sally snuggles up to me, she hates me at home, Daddy's girl:roll::lol:

:lol: Its the only time Sally snuggles up to me, she hates me at home, Daddy's girl:roll::lol:

Today most of them hid under my coat in that 'if I can't see you, you can't see me' kind of fashion. :lol: Mark said not to worry about the majority of the checks as they'd been seen two weeks previous and I agreed. The teeth checks in particular stresses them out and I don't see the point when they were checked two weeks ago. He just did a heart or lung check (the one with the stethoscope :oops:) and tummy check.

Bit of an update. Mischa and Mini both have flaky skin on their necks. Neither like it when I try to look at it so I think it must be a little bit sore but it doesn't seem to be bothering them in general. Does anyone know if this is at all possible with the myxo vacc? I noticed it about two days after the VHD vaccs and about 2.5 weeks after the myxo so I'm more inclined to think it the VHD. I've tried to look on the lions necks but they have so much fur there it's hard to get a good look.

None of my buns have ever had any reaction with any vaccination, but wanted to send your bunnies a nose rub!

I'm hoping it's not mites. The flakes don't seem to be moving so I'm more inclined to think it's a mild reaction. I'm giving it until Monday and then I'm giving them a ring.

Back