• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nocturnal bunny

amywithbunny

Young Bun
Bella thinks she is a nocturnal beastie 0.o I swear all she does during the day is flop but at night she turns into a ball of energy and mischief! It's bizarre :) Does anyone else have a night bunny?

Bunnies are most active at dawn and dusk so, right now, dawn is in the middle of the night, so it might be that you are experiencing her active time at dawn.

Most of mine just ike to flop during the day unless there is a good reason not to.

Some bunnies also seem to adjust their body clocks to be a bit more like their owners, especially house bunnies, so if you are active in the night, that may be another reason.

Ah that explains in then :) she does seem to be more active when something is going on (right now, for example, she's head-bobbing around and trying to nibble my laptop)

Yes, very much a nocturnal bunny.

He's pretty quiet during the day, which is fine, but he gets a little hyper late evening which is fine.
But last night he woke me three times in the middle of the night, I came in to check on him and he's just sat there, looking at me as if to say "who me" with that butter wouldn't melt look.
Needless to say I'm shattered!
I think, its the run attached to the cage, so I'm thinking I'll detach it tonight and put it back when I get up and he can run round as much as he likes all day again.

Little update. I had got up each time to check him that night and he's settled back down again, I wonder if he could sense something outside that night.

Little update. I had got up each time to check him that night and he's settled back down again, I wonder if he could sense something outside that night.

Gizmo must get the same with hearing things in the night as he starts thumping :roll: :lol:

Gizmo must get the same with hearing things in the night as he starts thumping :roll: :lol:

Nice name for a bunny :D
I'm thinking it must of been something outside, he's an indoor bunny but my friends are outdoor bunnies and her's thump and wake her when there are foxes.

Nice name for a bunny :D
I'm thinking it must of been something outside, he's an indoor bunny but my friends are outdoor bunnies and her's thump and wake her when there are foxes.

Thank you :D his ears and markings reminded me of the original gizmo mogwi from the film :oops:

There is an air vent above where gizmo sleeps in my room and I think that's where he here's outside noises

Rabbits are not nocturnal. They are what is known as crepuscular - just like cats... They are most active at dawn & dusk. In the wild this would be the safest time for them against predators that rely on sight & movement....

The difficulty at this time of year is that dawn is still the middle of the night to us humans...:roll:

Back