• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to line a carry cage with for journey to vet?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi

I need to take Alfie to the vets for his first jab and check up. :?

I am going to take him in one of our cat carrying cage things and I just wondered what I should line it with? I thought of hay or a towel? Any suggestions?

Kimx

I put a towel in ours when I took Loxxy for her jabs and she just scratched it up - clearly didn't want it in there! But I'd try a towel/vetbed, failing which I'd probably put some newspaper. I, personally, wouldn't put hay in because I'd doubt the vets want hay all over the place :?

We tend to put a towel with a sheet of newspaper under to try to stop it sliding about, although they tend to dig at it and mess it all up anyway, so they still slide about :oops:

Vetbed cut to size. Mischa always tries to move WHATEVER I put in the carrier though. Be it a towel, fleece or anything. We're going tomorrow and I'm considering putting their blankets in they have on the lino as they each seem to like them. Maybe he'll leave that alone.

I put a bit of hay in so they have something to munch. When they went for ops we just put blankets in though.

I use a piece of carpet as when I've used things like towels and blankets they slide about the bunnies seem more stressed than when travelling on carpet.

Back