• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree people - what is this? and are the leaves safe for bunnuhs?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
CIMG2944.jpg

CIMG2943.jpg

any ideas??

does it ever flower

Does it ever flower? If so, what are the flowers like? It looks a bit like a camellia to me, leafwise, but I'd hate to be wrong. If I'm right, I don't think thry're harmful. But I'm far from sure. Good luck finding out.

I dont know if it flowers I have just moved, its just I found a few leaves in the shed and the buns were munching them. I took them away straight away but Just want to know if its safe in case they get in there again.
Thanks for your help

Looks like a Magnolia to me. No not safe really but odd leaf by mistake won't harm much like any poisonous plant.

I wouldn't feed it until I could identify it. If it is evergreen I would definitely not feed it.

I does look like it might be Laurel or at least the leaves look laurel-like.

can you post an image with a penny piece for scale?? I would guess at Viburnum Tinnis - but only if it has leaves that are 5-7 cms long - and at this time of year very small buds of flowers.

It doesn't look quite shiny enough for laurel.

twigs

can you post an image with a penny piece for scale?? I would guess at Viburnum Tinnis - but only if it has leaves that are 5-7 cms long - and at this time of year very small buds of flowers.

It doesn't look quite shiny enough for laurel.

twigs

Thats one of the larger leaves - it does look shiny as its been raining!
CIMG2949.jpg

Back