• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with aviaries....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
How did you attach the roof please?

I'm planning in using the corrugated plastic sheets but not sure how to attach it so that the front is higher than the back for the water to drain off

I can't have a roof as it's too big and I don't want a "strut" in the way. So, I've netted mine on garden twine which goes across the top of the aviary and the netting on top. Cat's won't get on it cos they know they'll fall through.

Can't you just fix a 2" piece of wood as a support under the end of the roof that you want elevated?

We're not going to have plastic on the roof, we're going to use two additional aviary panels for it. I'm quite happy about it not being sheltered from the rain as they'll be having a 6 by 4 shed to shelter in and in heavy rain it'll blow in from the sides anyway. Also we want nice luscious grass!

I've got aviary panels on the roof, and the oduline corrugated panels just screwed to them.

My roof isn't on a slant, so I'm not sure the best way to fix your roof, but I don't think you'd need much of a slant...perhaps just an additional length of wood underneath at the front?

I think I need something down the middle to hold it up too as te plastic panels are 6ft long and I need them to cover 10ft long

Back