• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of nutering

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
Hi, all not posted for ages. calling all other rescues. How are you managing now with the huge cost of getting rescue buns castrated and spayed. I now am having a crisis and the price in london for me has risen so much. With a discount its £80 for a doe and £50 to £58 for castrations. The weight of the bun now meaning bigger buns cost more. Ive had to stop because of lack of money. This is a hige problem for me and has a knock on effect in being able to re home as so many people expect to rescue nutered buns. val

I'm not a "registered" rescue, but I do take them in and I know what you mean. However, rescue centres (such as Mayhew in Kensal rise, london) offer cheap neutering and vaccination clinics, and you don't need to be on benefits or anything, it's just a low-cost clinic. When I told them I rescued they neutered and spayed for £30-35 respectively. Might be worth looking in to it?

this is always going to be a problem some vets are sympathetic to rescues and some are not, I am lucky i get mine done cheap but if the price went up then I would deff not do the rescue

Cost of neutering

Hi Val:wave:Celia hammond trust does low cost neutering:)there is a branch in Canning Town and one in lewisham:)not sure if either are near enough for you to take your rabbits too but you could ask:)they will give discounts for rescues:)

Thanks for the advise, the only thing is no transport:(, could wait till ive enough to make it worth a cab ride though, cheers.

Back