• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
im wrighting this on behalf of a friend.

my friend has got 2 4 month old rabbits, the more outgoing one is very dominant over the other.she thinks the other one is unhappy .will neutering reduce/stop this problem of one of them being dominant? she also tells me that they will sometimes snuggle up.

Hi there, i am no expert by any means but if there is any chance of the bond working i think they will both need to be spayed. What sex are they? At 4 months the hormones are definitely kicking in now and if they are not spayed soon a nasty fight could occur which would result in huge vets bills and poorly rabbits:cry:. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Hi there, i am no expert by any means but if there is any chance of the bond working i think they will both need to be spayed. What sex are they? At 4 months the hormones are definitely kicking in now and if they are not spayed soon a nasty fight could occur which would result in huge vets bills and poorly rabbits:cry:. I am sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

she is giving them away........

so im having them! :D

both girls and im getting them neutred, shall i seperate them until this? :?

she is giving them away........

so im having them! :D

both girls and im getting them neutred, shall i seperate them until this? :?

hmm good question, are they actually fighting? Some vets do spay does at 4 months old so i would ring your vet and see what they advise, others wait until they are 6 months old. If you do need to seperate them then once they have recovered from their spay you will need to start the bonding process from scratch. When are you getting them? You must be very excited:D
Also one thing you should check with their previous owners is if they have had their vaccinations :)

Back