• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA approved?!

Livi

Alpha Buck
I plan to get Pip a friend to keep her company as soon as she has been spayed & is back home & recovered.

It is my intention to get one from the RSPCA (I have fallen head over heels for one – but he will probably be gone in 4-5 weeks when I am ready for one!).

I currently have a 6 foot wide double storey hutch (4 foot tall – Pip can stand on her back legs with room overhead!) that is 20 inches in depth also.

I have a Trixie Run measuring approx 7 foot long by 4 foot wide – which is about 2 and a half foot high. It has a roof and the buns are never left out of eyesight (its set on grass!) and we also have a shelter.

I am currently sourcing equipment to make a run with permanent access to the front of Pips hutch, the run will be 6 foot long by 3 foot (so it comes across the front of the hutch).

With my left over mesh from run making, I am going to section off & really bunny proof the top grass section of my garden so I can let the buns have a few hours free range (supervised of course!). The top section measures approx 25ft deep by 30 foot wide.

My question is: is my accommodation going to be deemed suitable for adopting a bun from the RSPCA, or will they determine this is too small for 2 rabbits?

I plan to get Pip a friend to keep her company as soon as she has been spayed & is back home & recovered.

It is my intention to get one from the RSPCA (I have fallen head over heels for one – but he will probably be gone in 4-5 weeks when I am ready for one!).

I currently have a 6 foot wide double storey hutch (4 foot tall – Pip can stand on her back legs with room overhead!) that is 20 inches in depth also.

I have a Trixie Run measuring approx 7 foot long by 4 foot wide – which is about 2 and a half foot high. It has a roof and the buns are never left out of eyesight (its set on grass!) and we also have a shelter.

I am currently sourcing equipment to make a run with permanent access to the front of Pips hutch, the run will be 6 foot long by 3 foot (so it comes across the front of the hutch).

With my left over mesh from run making, I am going to section off & really bunny proof the top grass section of my garden so I can let the buns have a few hours free range (supervised of course!). The top section measures approx 25ft deep by 30 foot wide.

My question is: is my accommodation going to be deemed suitable for adopting a bun from the RSPCA, or will they determine this is too small for 2 rabbits?

Should be fine! Thats lots of space!

I've been told my 6x4 daytime space is enough indoors for 2 as they then get the whole living room to free-range in from 5pm - 11 or 12 at night.

Thnk thatd be fine!

as it is at the moment it would depend on the branch.

with the permanently attached run I'm sure it would be fine.

I think it's worth going and asking about this little one as they may be able to reserve him for you!

I couldn't say for certain what the RSPCA will say but that sounds like a lovely set up and they should be grateful that someone is taking so much trouble :)

We have passed our homecheck :D gotta try to arrange a date to meet our potential new bunny this week :love:

Back