• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of Homemade Hutches

wally4eva

Mama Doe
If you have built your own hutch could you please show me some pictures:D I would love to have a go at building one, but probably won't be able to because I don't think i'll be allowed any more bunnies to go inside it, and of course a hutch isn't a hutch without bunnies!!!
Anyway I thought if I look at some pictures I can build it in my head instead:p

(This might be in the wrong section, sorry, if it needs to be moved feel free too)

This is a hutch my mum mad, but it's not a full size hutch as it's for inside the aviary - they only use if for sleeping and pooping and having their pellets. The rest of the time they are playing or dozing in the aviary.

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010030.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010041.jpg

This is a hutch my mum mad, but it's not a full size hutch as it's for inside the aviary - they only use if for sleeping and pooping and having their pellets. The rest of the time they are playing or dozing in the aviary.

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010030.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010041.jpg

What did she use to make the panels on the side, its like that tongue and groove stuff???
Not a very clear question:oops:, didn't know how else to ask it, i'm not very good at describing what I mean, I hope you understand though:lol:

Last edited:
This is ours, its 5½ ft wide and 12½ft long.

Photo0687.jpg

Since this pic its been extended to include that strip of grass you can see inside the run. The hutch has two ramps, one in either side as the buns have been separated since 11 weeks old. Hopefully in a month or so they'll be bonded so we can remove the partition thats right down the middle and they can be together again!

OH is also planning to make some ramps / ledges / tunnels etc in the run, like a little adventure playground!

This is ours, its 5½ ft wide and 12½ft long.

Photo0687.jpg

Since this pic its been extended to include that strip of grass you can see inside the run. The hutch has two ramps, one in either side as the buns have been separated since 11 weeks old. Hopefully in a month or so they'll be bonded so we can remove the partition thats right down the middle and they can be together again!

OH is also planning to make some ramps / ledges / tunnels etc in the run, like a little adventure playground!

Wow, that sounds great:D Lucky bunnies.:D Thanks:D:D:wave:

What did she use to make the panels on the side, its like that tongue and groove stuff???
Not a very clear question:oops:, didn't know how else to ask it, i'm not very good at describing what I mean, I hope you understand though:lol:

Yes, tongue & groove for the sides and back :wave:

What wonderful homemade hutches there are on this thread, these are some of our's that Mike has made...

Homemadehutches001.jpg

For Tia.
11-8-10002.jpg

Kenzo & Hope have the long hutch at the top and helen & Baby Saint and Chudleigh Flint the small Nethie's have the single hutches at the bottom andd they all have pens that they play in during the day if they can't go outside.
Homemadehutches002.jpg

This use to be Poppet's and it did have a sleeping compartment at the very top and she had the whole hutch but now old buns Sox and Henry live in the bottom hutch and Holly is above. Mike is going to take the covered part off the top hutch and replace with wire to make it more brighter in the hutch not that they are in it during the day.
Homemadehutches003.jpg

Do you buy it in like panels???

It comes in individual strips, which you slot together and nail onto the frame. We use 6 foot lengths (cos that's what fits in the car :lol:) but you can get longer.

Any shorter leftover lengths get made into bunny bedroom boxes, so there;s no waste.:)

It comes in individual strips, which you slot together and nail onto the frame. We use 6 foot lengths (cos that's what fits in the car :lol:) but you can get longer.

Any shorter leftover lengths get made into bunny bedroom boxes, so there;s no waste.:)

Ok thanks:D:D Sorry all the questions:oops: but where did you buy it from and for how much per length???
Thanks again:D

Tuckerbunnies - All those hutches are great!!! Thanks:D:D:wave:

Last edited:
Ok thanks:D:D Sorry all the questions:oops: but where did you buy it from and for how much per length???
Thanks again:D

Tuckerbunnies - All those hutches are great!!! Thanks:D:D:wave:

We get ours from Wickes, although Homebase, B&Q etc sell it as well.

We had the thicker quality, which was a pack of 5 lengths for approx £12 (can't remember exactly how much). You can get thinner stuff as well which is cheaper.

The paint if from Wilkinsons, it's their own brand of fence paint (pet friendly) - they do a lovely range of colours and it's cheaper than a posh brand.:D

You can check the timber prices at the various stores online to compare who has the best deal :D

We get ours from Wickes, although Homebase, B&Q etc sell it as well.

We had the thicker quality, which was a pack of 5 lengths for approx £12 (can't remember exactly how much). You can get thinner stuff as well which is cheaper.

The paint if from Wilkinsons, it's their own brand of fence paint (pet friendly) - they do a lovely range of colours and it's cheaper than a posh brand.:D

You can check the timber prices at the various stores online to compare who has the best deal :D

Cool. Thank you very much:D:D:D

Back