• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Proofing a Room. Help Please!

basirascal

Mama Doe
For the first time since I had Basil (5 weeks) he has decided to start chewing anything he came across today. In the space of about 5 minutes he had gone from chewing a hole in my handbag to trying chew through the cable to a table lamp:shock: He seemed a little frantic and didn't want to play his usual games. I wondered whether this is the onset of his hormones kicking in (He's around 12 weeks now) but seems a little young for this or whether he was just in a bad mood, or showing off infront of some visitors I had. He's always such a happy, sweet little boy and he seems really tired now. Anyway, I know it's natural for him to chew, so it's my fault really for not moving things out of his way and bunny-proofing, but usually he is happy with his chewing ball, apple twigs and cardboard rolls. He has loads of hay available. So my question, how do you all go about bunny proofing your rooms and do all bunnies try to chew electric cables indefinately or is this a juvenille thing that might pass? Thanks in advance!

:wave: I think you have been lulled into a false sense of security with your little man. It doesnt seem to matter how many toys. chews, food you give them, they only want what you dont want them to have. The carpet will be next.

It is however, quite easy to bunny proof most rooms, the hardest thing is to remember to move your best shoes and hand bag out of the way ALL the tine, most of my bags have little bunny nibbles in them. There are lots of tips on here and I really wish you the best of luck with it.

We will be here for you though when he does manage to get at something you never imagined was in the way.:lol:

Basil really is gorgeous though. :love:

:)Thanks Bungle bunny, your reply brought a smile to my face. Basil has had just one of those days today, everything he bumped in to he decided to chew, shoes, cables, handbag, blinds. All my own fault of course, bless him, he's already living up to his nickname basi-rascal:)

Awww. Are you gong to get him a girlie bun once he's been neutered? Maybe he's wanting somebun else to talk to, and that's why he's frustrated? On the other hand, it could just be that he's a little monkey who loves winding his mummeh up! :lol:

Back