• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable litter/bedding - Megazorb/Aubiose/Hemcore/Finacard?

Rykat

Mama Doe
Hi all. I need to ask for your opinions on this. For many years I've always used Megazorb for all the litter trays and any hamsters/gerbils. This has worked with no problem and as the buns are indoor I cover the base of the crates with it and when I change the littery tray I use it from the crate and top up as needed so they get a mini clean every other day.

Went to buy a bag the weekend and it has now gone up to nearly £8 a bag which I agree isn't much, however with 8 buns and 2 hamsters I would like to find something cheaper but just as good.

I've found some old posts here and some info on the web about aubiose/hemcore/finacard and just wondering if anyone has used these and how they found them?

They would worked out much cheaper as in a bigger bag.

Thanks all :)

Don't know about any of them mentioned above but I use easibed and I love it. It's about £7 for a big bale. Lasts for about 3-4 weeks with four buns and a guinea wiggie x

I use Megazorb and Finacard for my piggies and spiny mouse, and the Finacard works out much more expensive than the Megazorb.

Sorry I never actually used any of those, is this for just general bedding or litter trays?

SarahP How good is Finacard, are rabbits able to snuggle down in it?? I'm looking for a replacment for hay as beding as my Heather has developed chronic conjunctivitus which flares up when hay is used. x

Finacard isn't particularly absorbent, but it's finer than other cardboard beddings for snuggling down in. Cardboard beddings have to be the least dusty beddings out there for eye issues etc. For my piggies I use a layer of Megazorb, and Finacard on the top, so you kind of get the best of both worlds.

Finacard isn't particularly absorbent, but it's finer than other cardboard beddings for snuggling down in. Cardboard beddings have to be the least dusty beddings out there for eye issues etc. For my piggies I use a layer of Megazorb, and Finacard on the top, so you kind of get the best of both worlds.

I'm not particulary worried about absorbency as both of my rabbits are litter trained. Thanks for the info! :wave:

Back