• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Question

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
The house I'm moving to :)D) has a shed, and I'd like to move the trio in - but how would I attach the run? Bear in mind that I can't put a cat flap or anything like that on it because the shed isn't actually mine :wave:

hmmm, would you be allowed to make it like a stable door type thing, so its just the bottom door open into the run, then it top is closed so no one escapes :D

Maybe, he doesn't really seem to care much :) I might ask him, I don't want to get a reputation as crazy bunny lady straight away though :oops::oops:

:wave:how would you get in? if the run was at the door i mean. not being rude just wondering:D or do you not go in and just get them out the run etc.

Does the shed have a window that could pop out? just wondering of you could devise a system of platforms for them to get in and out through it?

Does the shed have a window that could pop out? just wondering of you could devise a system of platforms for them to get in and out through it?

Thats a good idea. It would be great fun for them as well with lots of platforms and ramps on either side. :D
How tall is your run???

would they definetly not let you put a flap in? maybe not a cat flap but maybe just a little hinged door in the corner?

I know its a bit cheeky a its not your shed but might be worth asking - do they know you are going to house buns in it?

would they definetly not let you put a flap in? maybe not a cat flap but maybe just a little hinged door in the corner?

I know its a bit cheeky a its not your shed but might be worth asking - do they know you are going to house buns in it?

I don't think so, he knows we have them but don't think he knows our shed plans!

Could you build a new run and make it a walk in one? That way, you could have the shed door open all the time into the run :wave:

Are you going to ask about the buns Nicola? Just a word of warning, we have ply lined our's now as our bunny chewed any little bit that was sticking out - you know the plinths/bars in between panels etc - is there anyway you could afford to attach an aviary style run and leave the door open?

Are you going to ask about the buns Nicola? Just a word of warning, we have ply lined our's now as our bunny chewed any little bit that was sticking out - you know the plinths/bars in between panels etc - is there anyway you could afford to attach an aviary style run and leave the door open?

He knows we are having the buns there and he isn't bothered, don't think he'll be bothered about us using the shed but that's a good idea to line it :wave: I think I'll look into (AKA bully my Dad and OH into making me) a walk in run

I've been thinking about this all night :oops: and I think what I'll do is line the hutch as Vicki suggested, and build a run. I'm not sure how much space is in front of the shed, there looked to be quite a bit but I obviously didn't measure it!! I think to use the space best regardless, I would be best making an L-shaped run that follows the shed around.

Is an L-shaped run practical? What would I make the frame from and reinforce the corners with? What's the best mesh to use? :wave:

I think you could get away with a little catflap. Is the shed old or new? If its an older shed I honestly dont think he'll mind and when you move out he wont notice it for a while anyway. He'll be checking the house not the shed. Its a bit cheeky but i'd just do it. Well you know what i'm like by now :lol:

Back