• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ready for my new arrival!

jody

Alpha Buck
P070710_1919.jpg

any comments , advice on my bunny home would be great. its just for him when im at work, then he will have a free run :):wave:

I need some flooring underneath too! any suggestions?

Looks great!! I like the furry tunnel!! Looks like your rabbit will have plenty to do while you are out :)

A piece of vinyl flooring (lino) would be easiest to keep clean. Also is that woodshavings in your litter tray, if so they go everywhere (I know from previous experience!) so you could change to megazorb or a wood based cat litter or even newspaper with hay on top to make things easier for you. Looks good though, good luck with the new arrival! :)

This looks great :D but I agree about the lino/vinyl, I have had to throw a couple of those bases away because of chewing and staining!

And the megazorb would be better too, less messy and shavings can cause respiratory problems

Looks like your bun will have loads to do though :D well done for being so prepared

I think its great that you've put lots of toys etc in, but I think that sometimes in our efforts to give them as much as we can we restrict the main thing they need - space.

I'd probably take a few things out to free up some space, and rotate them every few days so he gets a variety of things to play with, then he won't get bored of them all too soon:D

thanks for your comments and advice :)) i did get some wood based pellets but realised they were pine fresh so decided not to use them.
i will try the mega zorb:D

Looks like a nice space.

Agree with the lino although my indoor buns have never had anything except wooden flooring or carpet and I didn't find it a problem.

One word though - HAY.

Not sure where you were planning on having it but bunnies need to be able to eat enormous amounts freely. Most hay mangers are no way near big enough. I use an Ikea carrier bag dispenser for mine as well as in the litter trays - most of us put it in the litter tray on top of the litter and it stops the litter being kicked out. I am sure you have thought about it, but it's just worth mentioning as there is none in your picture.

yes the hays all coming friday with the bun, as wanted it to stay fresh. so it will be piled in the litter tray and the mangers :D:D

thanks anyway x

yes the hays all coming friday with the bun, as wanted it to stay fresh. so it will be piled in the litter tray and the mangers :D:D

thanks anyway x

I knew there would be a good reason :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your bun - we love to see photos.

Helen

yep keep an eye out friday :lol::lol::lol:

His name is Turnip :wave:

Excellent name - I love it. Bet he ends up having loads of different names

Like Mr Turnip head, Nippy, you get the idea. Or of course you could be completely sane and not do this loads of names for bunnies stuff like us mad people.

Thats a good idea putting hay in a plastic bag dispenser! I bought one of those giant mangers and got it home and realised how small it is?! I saw a picture on this forum of someone using a metal hanging basket cage. I bought one thats ment to screw into a wall and its perfect! And only a pound! bargain!

Looks good:) Archie has the same tunnel, he loves it!
Can't wait to see pictures, you must be so excited! Love the name too:)

Thats a good idea putting hay in a plastic bag dispenser! I bought one of those giant mangers and got it home and realised how small it is?! I saw a picture on this forum of someone using a metal hanging basket cage. I bought one thats ment to screw into a wall and its perfect! And only a pound! bargain!

I also use the cages that you can get to catch letters behind the letter box in your front door. Big holes in the mesh and a flap on the top. You can stuff them full and keep them out of the way of the wee.

I also use the cages that you can get to catch letters behind the letter box in your front door. Big holes in the mesh and a flap on the top. You can stuff them full and keep them out of the way of the wee.

Genius idea! :thumb:

I've been using the half hanging baskets but the buns insist on jumping into them and using them as litter trays - i come home to find puddles underneath them :roll:

Genius idea! :thumb:

I've been using the half hanging baskets but the buns insist on jumping into them and using them as litter trays - i come home to find puddles underneath them :roll:

We did the exact same thing and even our bunny with no eyes managed to jump into one in his wendy house - I found that incredibly amusing as he's ancient too.

You seem to be able to get these basket things from charity shops and care boots really easily as I guess they don't do very well these days on UPVC doors, but they are great for buns. Large capacity, tall and they can't climp up them! I have them screwed onto the sides of wendy houses but you could equally well tie wrap them onto a puppy pen or hutch front.

Back