• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Windwhistle Warren Rescue is amazing

andy5898

Warren Scout
Ok I have never been good at posting things like how good people are etc, however hopefully this post can come somewhere closeish in praising the work which Alice and everyone at Windwhistle Warren Rescue do.

Alice has just spent the week bonding my little lad with a little girl. My little lad is a rescue rabbit and so is his new wife. They are both coming home on Saturday and I can't wait!

I am amazed by the work which Windwhistle do and am so grateful for Alice's help in finding my lad a wife. Plus putting up with all my emails as an overly concerned dad and for Sal putting up with the emails before then.

So a big thankyou to Alice and everyone to Windwhistle Warren Rescue and I will be supporting them for the forseeable future.

Hopefully I have posted this in the right place for everyone to see what great work Windwhistle Warren do.

Ahhhh how nice.. I feel the same about Honey Bunnies :love: The rescuers never cease to amaze me with their kindness :love:

She's so amazing we now have 4 of her buns and a hamster!

Daren't visit at the mo as I know she has more Nethies in and that would be too much temptation :lol:.

Im glad you have started this thread.

Having spoken to Alice, Im trying to arrange a day when a group of us can go and help out. Have a chat about fundraising and muck in with cleaning out and anything else that Alice might need.

Anyone else up for this.

Hi Andy!

You are such an absolute gem. And, as I always say, if it were not for the people who help me I would surely fade away into obscurity. I am glad you said about Sal. She hears so much wingeing and angst from me, and how she puts up with me I will never know.

I wish all adoptees were like you. I could spend all summer on a continental beach instead of spending all my money on vet bills.

I hate to be selfish, but do you know, that continental beach so beckons......

I wish I could I feel bad enough I couldn't give Esther a home along with Nesta too! However I think Bella (the cat) is going to be rubbing her eyes with her paws when I bring Rog home tomorrow and then out hops Nesta. She is going to wonder if she needs glasses!

As we speak I have bought all the bits to build a new ramp for the hutch to help Nesta out (for anyone else reading this, Nesta is basically blind). But work always gets in the way so I will have to try my hand at carpentry this evening!

its very true , alice does a wonderful job i only wish i was closer as i dont get to help out nearly as often as i would like. xxx

How lovely! :love: I'm so glad that Rog has got himself a lovely lady wife - how exciting!

And I agree... there are some superb rescues run by some amazing people, I do not know how they do it day in and day out. They should be cherished and praised. Well done Windwhistle Warren and Alice and Co. What would the buns do without you all :D

How lovely! :love: I'm so glad that Rog has got himself a lovely lady wife - how exciting!

And I agree... there are some superb rescues run by some amazing people, I do not know how they do it day in and day out. They should be cherished and praised. Well done Windwhistle Warren and Alice and Co. What would the buns do without you all :D

Well, without all of the help from the lovely people on this forum re transport, donations, sheer encouragement, I think we would all find it much harder. And I mustn't forget the Sanctuaries too, caring for sick bunnies, so hard to cope with. I have also noticed many members appear to have as large a number of rabbits as some rescues:lol: 3 cheers for them too:lol:

What a super lot are we:D:D

Alice

001.jpg

003.jpg

0012.jpg

Hopefully I have managed to post pictures of my little couple happily getting on, Nessa is the white one who has just moved in from Windwhistle. Plus one of Bella the cat she loves having her photo taken so I couldn't leave her out!

They look so lovely together sharing their carrots.

Our kitty's called Bella too!

Raine count me in! I love going to see Alice's buns. Perhaps we should take her out and pamper her - she's so busy looking after bunnies, piggies, doggies, kitties and visitors and Derek and her dad perhaps we could look after Alice for a day for a change.

Lovely photos Andy! :love:

Nesta is gorgeous and Rog is just :love: - what a lovely happy couple you now have, well done :D

Oops sorry - Bella is very glamorous too! :lol:

Alice is one of the most wonderful rescue people I have ever met, she has dedicated her life to helping and saving animals and doesn't get the true recognistion for the endless hard work that she does, she never stops helping others and is so kind and thoughtful, Alice doesn't get much in the way of donations and has very high vets bills but she never moans about it and never asks for anything she just gets on with it, she really is a wonderful lady

Thank you for starting this thread and giving us the opportunity to join in

Lovely photos by the way:D

I second that, Snowy- Alice is a lovely lady who does so much for rescue buns.:)
She works so hard and is really kind to any volunteers -making sure they have a break with her picnic food.:) She's a star!:D -sue:wave:

and well done Andy for taking Nessa from Alices.:D

Back