• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with Ryedale hutches..

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
Hi

After the awful experience of losing Jessica to a fox I've invested in a Ryedale hutch for Molly to go inside an aviary. Having spoke to the guy who makes them - 7ft x 2ft x 2ft on a 3ft stand, with all the extras including bolts,extra strong mesh and night shutters the total came to £360..

Whilst I think this is a lot of money, I am willing to pay as they look great quality and they include delivery with this. My only issue with Ryedale is that when I asked the guy if he would help me carry it round the back of the garden as my mum has severe arthritis and there's no men about the house his answer was 'no my job is to make them and deliver them to your front door, you do the rest'..

I'm by no means a lady who can carry this thing round the back as I have heard they are very very heavy (im 5 ft 3 and 7.5 stone!). For the money I am paying I would of liked a kind gesture of helping me carry it around the back.

So not entirely sure what to do now when it gets delivered!

Sorry for the rant I'm just annoyed that I'm paying almost £400 for a hutch that looks like its going to sit outside my front door :roll:

Rydale hutches are blummin' heavy. You'll definitely need help to shift it. The delivery guys tend to just unload it and go...they didn't even knock on my door when mine was delivered

The ryedale hutches I have are really good, this is the thread I posted when I was waiting for them to be delivered on Easter Sunday http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=121829&highlight=ryedale It was a father and son delivery team who had obviously driven down overnight, their first drop off was in Kent and then mine. I was up waiting for them as I was off to work at 07.00 hours, they arrived at 06.45 hours. They did move the lorry and pop them through my side gate for me. My OH and I struggled to move them in to the shed the following day, being two quad block they were really heavy.

From talking to others they do tend to deliver in the early hours, you will definately need to get someone to help you move it into the aviary.

Officially they only put them on the property and the owner is then responsible for moving them, this is due to them not being covered by insurance if they damage anything of yours whilst moving the hutches in your garden. They were very helpful when they dropped off, however going by the number of hutches on the lorry they still had a long day ahead of them so they are very limited in what they have time to do.

I think Santa's hutch arrived about 4am

I have the 7ft x 2ft hutch and me and my dad can move it easy peasy (and I'm 5ft3 and 7stone).

The problem I have is that I got a 7ft triple hutch and they delivered it at 2.30 in the morning (I kid you not!!!!) they were going to take it around the back for me, as it was obvious that I couldn't move this thing by myself, but I lost the back gate key (at 2.30.....:shock::shock:) and so they had to put it in my house.

A month later and I'm living around this monstrosity!! :roll: My own fault for losing the key (which I have now found) but I NEED about 3 strong men to help me move it...and I just don't know anyone who can help.
Honestly I'm at a loss as to what to do, as it's just stuck there. :roll: Daddy said I should hire men to move it for me. (and offered to pay.)

Really, so long as tehre are two of you (able bodied people) it should be easy enough to move! :)
They're wonderful hutches! :love::love::love:

ah ok...I was just having a whinge really, guess I'l have to scout the streets for a man!

Other thing I've just realised is that people have said that you should add extra height to the hutch as its 2ft including the legs although I've added an extra ft on the legs to raise it higher off the ground (attempting to fox proof) I've forgotten to ask if I can add extra height to the hutch. oh :censored:

Will Molly be ok with the height as it is? He's a wee mini lop? I've asked him to change the order 3 times since I phoned on Sat...:shock: and he proudly emailed me today to say he's made the hutch and stand already. It's only when I've read though these posts that I've seen you need to ask for 2ft high....im worried now! All this money and its not even :censored: high enough!

I looked on their site and the 7ft x 2ft x 2ft was £478. What number is the one you bought? £360 is alot cheaper than £478. Is it a deluxe or just a normal standard hutch?

Mine was 7ft x 2ft x 6ft and was about £500 including the delivery.

(I've finally got it out of the house! :roll: :lol:)

A number of weeks ago, there was a thread on here about hutches, with people going on to discuss different hutch suppliers. A couple of people stated that they had used Happy hutch, and were happy (myself included). However, a couple of people went onto say they would not use any company that sold 3ft hutches aka bunny prisons. So does the same go for Ryedale Hutches, which are supposed to be the best?

A number of weeks ago, there was a thread on here about hutches, with people going on to discuss different hutch suppliers. A couple of people stated that they had used Happy hutch, and were happy (myself included). However, a couple of people went onto say they would not use any company that sold 3ft hutches aka bunny prisons. So does the same go for Ryedale Hutches, which are supposed to be the best?

Ryedale do sell them, but do push the larger hutches. (When they delivered mine they only had 5ft and bigger on their lorry. They have many different large hutches, whereas HH only has the 6ft one. Ryedale will make a hutch to any specifications, if you ask. They're solid wood, and are honestly the best quality hutches I've ever seen.
It's just a man and his dad making them, and they are lovely people.

I've never got a HH but really don't like the website, so looked elsewhere.

We have the double story 5x3ft one with pent roof and 5ftx9ft underpen. Me (6ft4 18st) and my lass (5ft1 8.5st) really struggled to move it off the lawn. Sadly it's just sat on our drive at the moment doing nothing (bought brand new) as we only have one bun at the moment :( Really should sell it.

We have the double story 5x3ft one with pent roof and 5ftx9ft underpen. Me (6ft4 18st) and my lass (5ft1 8.5st) really struggled to move it off the lawn. Sadly it's just sat on our drive at the moment doing nothing (bought brand new) as we only have one bun at the moment :( Really should sell it.

Hire some mover's. It cost me £30 to get mine moved from the middle of my living room to the garden. It's worth it!! :D

Back