• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

handling

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
My buns are now 13 weeks and Flopsy who was handled when we first had her all time coped quite well but then we had spent few weeks nursing Toto back to health and they had new run made and made few alterations to hutch and not handled them as much since and now she hates being picked up really fights when i do try hold her close, i regret not handling her as much when we were concentrating on Toto i feel really guilty and sad she doesnt like being cuddled she loves a fuss though i virtually stick my upper body in hutch to kiss and cuddle them each day and flopsy loves a nose rub :love::love: but Toto will always be my baby though and loves a cuddle under my neck i feel that bond we made when she was pooly (on deaths door) was why she loves me but i feel awful for Flopsy now and will she ever like to be handled or do i have her earn her trust all over again i said to hubby we must make more of an effort to handle them and let them have run round house again as this also stopped past few weeks cause we been so busy all i wanted to know is will she ever learn to trust me again and get to like being cuddled again or is that it now have i lost that chance?:(

I am sure she will, it's just habit and routine. I am sure if you persevere she will relax a bit more.

She should do :) there are rescue rabbits on here who have been through horrendous ordeals and learned to trust people again. I don't know what Jasmine and Daphne went through before I got them, they used to hate being handled, but now they seem to enjoy it.

Just persevere and be patient :) and remember rabbits are prey animals so won't naturally enjoy being picked up

Back